Home Forums SYSTEM Hybrid Systems' examples

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Ravil
      Participant

Dear support team,

Do we have any design examples of Hybrid Optical Transmission Systems (TDM-WDM) in OptiSystem 13?

Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi Ravil,

Here is a forum post on the subject:

Designing a TDM-PON bidirectional system

In the samples folder the BPON Bidirectional example uses both TDM and WDM.

Cheers

+2
        Heitor Galvao
        Participant

Olá Damian tem optisystem exemplos de novas aplicações de TDM WDM PON, referindo-se a “Divisão de tempo e de comprimento de onda multiplexados óptica rede passiva (PON-TWDM) para a próxima geração PON fase 2 (NG-PON1 e PON2-NG)”?

Ravil
      Participant

Dear Heitor, can you, please, briefly translate it in Eng if it’s related to my question?

Heitor Galvao
        Participant

are applications with the new access networks, which comes to meet the demand for bandwidth, the current TDM-PON systems are not able to supply that bandwidth, hence the need for migration for WDM-PON networks, but deploy networks WDM eh a cost expensive, so the need for Hybrid networks, if you search the literature specifies you will see the name, NGPON-1e NGPON-2

Ravil
      Participant

I see your point, but in my research I’m investigating Hybrid Optical Transmission Systems (HOTS) based on combination of TDM and WDM on the same network which allows to increase the capacity in one spectral channel.

Ravil
      Participant

But if you are considering TDM-PON and WDM-PON as separate systems, the last will always have higher capacity due to utilization of bigger bandwidth.

Heitor Galvao
        Participant

I agree at this point, but deploy networks WDM is an expensive cost, so the need for hybrid networks, do you have any book/article that might indicate?

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

Very nice this topic, I hadn’t seen this project BPON bidirectional

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

Ravil you own “bibliograficas references” that could indicate?

Ravil
      Participant

Thanks, I’ll take a look. You mean indicate Hybrid System deployment?

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

so, please check any study material that might indicate

Ravil
      Participant

If you considering cost, the main purpose Hybrid Systems is to reduce the number of spectral channels by increasing capacity in a single channel and, hence, reduce the number of components (filters, regenerators, etc.) required for these channels.

Ravil
      Participant

Thx for advice, it’s my area of research now which collaborates with super-channels and advanced modulation techniques.

Ravil
      Participant

There is no deployment of these systems yet. I can send you some experimental results after/if they got published.

Ravil
      Participant

Yes, Co-OFDM is one of the methods. I’ll take a look at your and let you know in private message.

Ravil
      Participant

Can you also send me a description of the scheme you attached, pls?

Heitor Galvao
        Participant

Good evening, I’m in the process of Ravil research, to subsequently initiate an implementation

Heitor Galvao
        Participant

Will be welcome

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Heitor, do you mean you are working on a similar topic?

Heitor Galvao
        Participant

Yes, now I am seeking knowledge

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.