Home Forums GENERAL How to work with Ideal Y Select

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to optics and OptiSystem and I need help. To better understand my question I am attaching a screenshot.

So my issue is the following:

There are two different polarized states and I want randomly select one of those states. It works perferctly if the PRNG generator only creates of Bit.

But if I want to do this with more than one bit (sequence length), it still only works for the first bit and doesn’t change afterwards.
      What I want: If the PRNG Generator gives me: 010 -> 0 Deg, 90 Deg, 0 Deg. What I get: 0 Deg, 0 Deg, 0 Deg.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you so much for your help!

Best wishes,
      Alex

Ahmad Atieh

Hello Alexander,
      you may use the User Defined Bit Sequence Generator component to set your desired bit sequence, then use that sequence to control the Digital Optic Switch component to allow the desired phases at the output ports.
      If you’d like to discuss further, please email me at ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Hello Alexander,
      you may use the User Defined Bit Sequence Generator component to set your desired bit sequence, then use that sequence to control the Digital Optic Switch component to allow the desired phases at the output ports.
      If you’d like to discuss further, please email me at ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Hello Ahmad,

and thank you so much for your quick reply.

The help regarding Digital Optical Switch states: The Digital Optical Switch operates only for single bit not a sequence of bits. Thus, the status of the switch varies based on the first bit in the sequence applied to its control port.

What I want is using a sequence of Bits. The goal is to create a bit sequence, translate it in optical orthogonal states (for example linear polarization where 0 Deg represents binary 0 and 90 Deg represents binary 1) and sent those optical states as a representation of the bit to a receiver. (For a more holistic view: I try to simulate BB84 protocol.)

Maybe now I did elaborate my problem more precise.

Hello Ahmad,

and thank you so much for your quick reply.

The help regarding Digital Optical Switch states: The Digital Optical Switch operates only for single bit not a sequence of bits. Thus, the status of the switch varies based on the first bit in the sequence applied to its control port.

What I want is using a sequence of Bits. The goal is to create a bit sequence, translate it in optical orthogonal states (for example linear polarization where 0 Deg represents binary 0 and 90 Deg represents binary 1) and sent those optical states as a representation of the bit to a receiver. (For a more holistic view: I try to simulate BB84 protocol.)

Maybe now I did elaborate my problem more precise.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.