Home Forums FDTD How to view the field during simulation

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      web servd
      Participant

Hi,
      I am using OptiFDTD to simulate a novel structure. When I watched those demo videos on this website, I found that the field evolution is shown during the simulation. But…I can not find it in OptiFDTD 12. Could you please tell me how to enable it?

Thanks!

It is shown here. From 20s to 30s in the video.
      https://youtube.com/watch?v=t2XIE1eNXd4%3F

Damian Marek
      Participant

That was the interface for the 32 bit version. This visualization was removed because it was decided that it impacted the performance of the simulation too much. Now you have the option of generating a video file that will display the field evolution as a function of time. In the Observation Areas you can choose to record certain components, under the Recording Data Components tab. When the simulation is run the video file is generated. You can play the movie file while the simulation is still running with VLC player. Other players require file to be finished but VLC can play the incomplete file without problem.

web servd
      Participant

good. thanks so much!

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Darmain Marek,

Thank you so much for such valuable information.. Your efforts are highlu appreciated…

Regards

Sahil Singh

MHD NA
      Participant

This visualization was removed because it was decided that it impacted the performance of the simulation too much. Now you have the option of generating a video file that will display the field evolution as a function of time. In the Observation Areas you can choose to record certain components, under the Recording Data Components tab. When the simulation is run the video file is generated. You can play the movie file while the simulation is still running with VLC player.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.