Home Forums SYSTEM How to use matlab component to run matlab code in optisystem

How to use matlab component to run matlab code in optisystem

Profile Photo
(joined June 2019)
Participant

I wrote a code in matlab and I am trying to run it on the matlab component. I saved the file name as salinity but when I included the filename “salinity” in the run command of the matlab component and added the matlab search path and ran the simulation, the error message is ” Undefined variable OutputPort1 or class OutputPort1.Channels”. I changed the run command of the matlab component to “OutputPort1= InputputPort1 and the simulation was successful. I want to run the command saved in the salinity file on the matlab component of the optisystem please how can I do it?

Attachments:

Responses (1):

Profile Photo
      Buki Ojed
      Participant

I wrote a code in matlab and I am trying to run it on the matlab component. I saved the file name as salinity but when I included the filename “salinity” in the run command of the matlab component and added the matlab search path and ran the simulation, the error message is ” Undefined variable OutputPort1 or class OutputPort1.Channels”. I changed the run command of the matlab component to “OutputPort1= InputputPort1 and the simulation was successful. I want to run the command saved in the salinity file on the matlab component of the optisystem please how can I do it?

Attachments:
      Profile Photo
      Ahmad Atieh

Hello Buki,
      You need to make sure that you select correctly the signal type of the output port. There are four possibilities: optical, electrical, binary or M-ary. The signal type must match the signal you use in the Matlab code and input to the next component in OptiSystem.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Login You must be logged in to reply to this topic.