Home Forums FDTD How to specify length using FDTD?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Saurav Chanda
      Participant

Hey everyone, I actually need an information. I have been using FDTD for some works related to Gates. Well I have been facing a problem in setting the length i.e. the length between two waveguides if at all its in ‘Y’ shaped. Here is the file attached below.

Attachments:
      Aurelien Duval
      Participant

Hi,

Are you using OptiFDTD to simulate your problem? Is so, could you attach your project file so I can have a look? Which length are you referring to?

Best regards

Aurelien

Saurav Chanda
      Participant

Hey Aurelien,
      Yes I am using it but cant figure out, if at all its completed successfully I will definately attach the file. Here lenght I meant is the distance from the starting point of the Y shaped waveguide till the junction where the two straight line joins at a point to form the desired Y shape.

Regards,
      Saurav

Damian Marek
        Participant

Hi Saurav,

Aurelien is away for the week, but I can help answer your question. We have a tutorial at:

PBG Layout

That could be a good place to learn how to edit the layout and introduce defects. To make that segment longer, you would just need to start the the points A and B farther apart and maybe increase the simulation domain.

Hope this helps!

Its is dependent on the photonic crystals size and lattice constant.

Saurav Chanda
      Participant

Thank you subhashish..

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.