Home Forums FDTD How to simulate the monolayer dielectric in the 300 nm thick NHA?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Mehrdad Irannejad
      Participant

Does anyone have any idea for simulating a NHA with 1nm dielectric on top?

Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi,
      By NHA, do you mean nano-hole array? If so, the attached file may be interesting for you. It is one of our example files on a gold nano-hole array, simulated using periodic boundary conditions. It should not be difficult to adapt it to your needs by changing some dimensions and adding a thin dielectric layer to the top. Keep in mind 1 nm is pretty small, so you’ll want to use a smaller mesh and/or a non-uniform mesh. In which case, Lesson 22, will help you learn how to setup the non-uniform mesh.

Mehrdad Irannejad
        Participant

Hi,
        Yes, I meant the nano hole arr
        Thanks for your comment. Would you please send me the sample file that is compatible with 32 bit (version 12.0.0.611)?
        I could not open it.

Thanks,

Mehrdad

Damian Marek
          Participant

OptiFDTD versions above and including 12.0 are strictly 64 bit. Are you sure you have 32 bit software?

Unfortunately, I don’t have access to the 32 bit example file, but you may be able to find it in your example folder, which can be found at “Documents\OptiFDTD 12 Samples\3D_samples\plasmonics”. Another option is to download a 7 day evaluation copy of OptiFDTD, which will give you access to the most up-to-date version.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.