Home Forums FDTD How to simulate the monolayer dielectric in the 300 nm thick NHA?

How to simulate the monolayer dielectric in the 300 nm thick NHA?

Profile Photo
(joined April 2014)
Participant

Does anyone have any idea for simulating a NHA with 1nm dielectric on top?

Responses (3):

Profile Photo

Does anyone have any idea for simulating a NHA with 1nm dielectric on top?

Profile Photo
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi,
      By NHA, do you mean nano-hole array? If so, the attached file may be interesting for you. It is one of our example files on a gold nano-hole array, simulated using periodic boundary conditions. It should not be difficult to adapt it to your needs by changing some dimensions and adding a thin dielectric layer to the top. Keep in mind 1 nm is pretty small, so you’ll want to use a smaller mesh and/or a non-uniform mesh. In which case, Lesson 22, will help you learn how to setup the non-uniform mesh.

Profile Photo

Hi,
        Yes, I meant the nano hole arr
        Thanks for your comment. Would you please send me the sample file that is compatible with 32 bit (version 12.0.0.611)?
        I could not open it.

Thanks,

Mehrdad

Profile Photo
          Damian Marek
          Participant

OptiFDTD versions above and including 12.0 are strictly 64 bit. Are you sure you have 32 bit software?

Unfortunately, I don’t have access to the 32 bit example file, but you may be able to find it in your example folder, which can be found at “Documents\OptiFDTD 12 Samples\3D_samples\plasmonics”. Another option is to download a 7 day evaluation copy of OptiFDTD, which will give you access to the most up-to-date version.

Login You must be logged in to reply to this topic.