Home Forums SYSTEM How to Show non linearity effect on Optical Spectrum Analyzer

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Gede Teguh
      Participant

Help me guys, i have problem about cannot show up non linearity effect (Four Wave Mixing, XPM) in Optical Spectrum Analyzer.
      I sent 4 wavelength and i set optical fiber with non linearity effect (checklist on optisys) but when i check in OSA i just get result like this.
      If i using Optical Amplifier in folder Amplifier/EDFA i didnt get effect FWM, but if i use edfa in folder Amplifier/EDFA i get effect of FWM. Hope anyone can help me with this problem or tell me whats going on. Thanks

Attachments:
      Duy Le Nguyen
      Participant

Hi Gede

Did you put Optical Spectrum Analyzer at the end of Fiber?
      In my project, OSA can show the FWM effect.
      Or you can try to increase no. of channel or reduce channel spacing.

Thanks

Gede Teguh
        Participant

If i using Optical Amplifier in folder Amplifier/EDFA i didnt get effect FWM, but if i use edfa in folder Amplifier/EDFA i get effect of FWM.
        Idk but here my screenshot system please.

Attachments:
      umer ashraf wani
      Participant

can u upload the snap shot of ur design.

Gede Teguh
        Participant

If i using Optical Amplifier in folder Amplifier/EDFA i didnt get effect FWM, but if i use edfa in folder Amplifier/EDFA i get effect of FWM.
        Idk but here my screenshot system please.

Attachments:

Hello.
      As dispersion increases effect of four wave mixing decreases. For dispersion 16ps/nm FWM effect reduces but chromatic dispersion increases. At zero dispersion FWM effect more hence fiber having dispersion 4ps/nm is used where FWM effect is less and fiber is called Non-Zero dispersion shifted fiber.Due to equal spacing some FWM components overlap DWDM channels. But in unequal spacing there is no overlapping of DWDM channels and wavelength conversion occurs.
      As suggested by Mr Umer you can try reducing the channel spacing. That may help.
      Thanks

+10
        Gede Teguh
        Participant

How about i can’t show radio frequency in RF spectrum Analyzer? I sent 2.5 GHz , but in the receiver i didnt get signal of 2.5 GHz in RF Spectrum Analyzer. Many thanks sir

you can refer to this paper http://www.ijceronline.com/papers/Vol3_issue6/part%202/B036207011.pdf
      http://authors.library.caltech.edu/3110/1/CROol82.pdf

Hope this is helpful to you

+5
      Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Gede,
      As i can see that you are using an add/drop module for mixing. I would suggest you to use fiber bragg grating as an add / drop module for mixing purpose. And to introduce the non-linearity effect try increasing power of one channel beyond optimum level. That may help. First you can try and see if it helps.
      Hope this works for you.
      Regards

+2

Hello Gede,

I agree with Umer. Try increasing the launching power at the transmitter particularly that transmitter where you want the non linearity effect to be introduced in your system.
      Hope this will help.

Regards
      Burhan

+2

Hi all,

Thank you for sharing the information but i would again mention please do not repeat what is already posted.
      Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards

Burhan

+1
      Gede Teguh
      Participant

thank you, do you have relation between incresing dispersion and FWM ?

Gede Teguh
      Participant

thank you, do you have relation between increasing dispersion and FWM ?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.