Home Forums GENERAL How to set parameter for Bidirectional Optical fiber in Optisystem Simulation

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      NGUYEN KHAC BINH
      Participant

Hi everyone !

Could everyone tell me how to set parameters for Bidirectional Optical Fiber, Splitter Bidirectional, and Circulator Bidirectional in Optisystem Simulation, I have designed 1 simulation as an attachment using ( Optical Fiber, Splitter, Circulator) single then simulation work, but if using Bidirectional Optical Fiber, Splitter Bidirectional, and Circulator Bidirectional then it is not working.

Thanks !

Attachments:

Hi NGUYEN,
      When you use bidirectional fiber, make sure to connect input signals to its two input terminals. if there is only one input signal, you can connect
      the second one to NULL. Another point you should take care of it is the delay. if the calculation of the back-directional is dependent on the forward one or vice-versa, also please make sure to add delay (optical or electrical depending on your design) to allow the program to wait for the calculation from one point to another.

Hope that clears up your concerns.

good luck
      Mohamed Abouseif

NGUYEN KHAC BINH
      Participant

Hi Mohamed Abouseif

Thank you for your replying, if using Bidirectional type then the signal after passing through Splitter Bidirectional disappears

BINH

Hi Nguyen again,
      can you try two splitter/combiner? and see if the problem is solved or not.

thanks
      Mohamed

NGUYEN KHAC BINH
      Participant

Hi Mohamed Abouseif

Thank you for your enthusiastic help.
      I used two splitter/combiner, but the return signal does not pass the Optical Delay, do you know why?

BINH

Attachments:
      Waseem Shbair
      Participant

Same problem in my design.
      Is there any solution(s)?

Attachments:
      Ahmad Atieh

Hello Waseem/All,
      Mohamed is no longer with Optiwave.
      There is no need to place a delay component in the signal path if you transmitting two different signals in the bidirectional fiber component. For the example in the attached image, a signal is transmitted from east/west (down link) and a different modulated signal from west to east (uplink) in the bidirectional fiber.
      regards,

Ahmad

Waseem Shbair
      Participant

But why when running without delay, no signal goes through Up or Down stream?

Ahmad Atieh

This is related to OptiSystem scheduler that controls the calculation.

Could you please let me know which OptiSystem version do you use? please communicate on ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.