Home Forums GENERAL How to Sample an RF signal

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ahmad Mahmood
      Participant

I am doing quantization in optical domain. Is there any way to use builtin ADC just for sampling? As we can use builtin ADC as a quantizer if we make the sampling rate default but it is not working as just a sampler. Please Help.

Damian Marek
      Participant

This is a double reply (for extra points!) that I also posted in the other topic. You could make the resolution a very large value to remove the quantization effect or use a different component like the Electrical Downsampler.

Regards

Ahmad Mahmood
      Participant

Respected Damian the builtin ADC is not working for more than 6 bits of resolution. I think its the upper limit of resolution for it. Isn’t it?

Damian Marek
        Participant

Nope, I don’t think there is a strict limit. I think in your project you are now being limited by the sample rate of your simulation. Because really the signal is digital being used in a computer simulation, so if you keep increasing the resolution of the ADC component you will reach the simulation limit. You can increase the simulation resolution by increasing the samples per bit.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.