Home Forums GENERAL How to Remove Subsystem

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Taiwo Ambali Abiola
      Participant

Dearest all, I would like to ask about how to remove subsystem in optisystem design. Of course a way to create a subsystem is by highlighting the set of components that one wants to enclose in it, right click and choose ‘create subsystem’. It is equally very easy to check the components in the folder at a later hour. But I couldn’t find the option to remove the same subsystem if in the late hour, one needs to remove it completely due to certain reason. That is exactly the situation i found myself now. Kindly be of help. Thanks a lot.

Aadil Raza
      Participant

i have not seen such option.

Hello.
      I have never tried to look into this option. You may try right clicking on the subsystem and then press delete button though i am not sure.
      Thanks

umer ashraf wani
      Participant

simply use delete option

Karan Ahuja
      Spectator

Hello.

If you want to delete the subsystem while designing the system then ctrl+Z but if you have designed the system already and you want to delete the subsystem completely then as mentioned by hamza ali and umer ashraf , you may use delete key directly.
      Hope this is helpful to you.
      Regards

Hello Taiwo,

I would suggest to use the delete key for deletion of any subsystem.
      Hope it helps.

Regards

Burhan

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Taiwo,
      As mentioned by other forum members, the simple option to delete a subsystem is to use the delete key of the keyboard.
      Since you would have already saved the design so undoing option won’t work as suggested by Karan. I hope this will be very helpful.
      Regards

Taiwo Ambali Abiola
      Participant

Thanks to all for your contributions. I really appreciate your suggestions. Meanwhile, I think by deleting the subsystem, it would delete all components enclosed in it. which means one has to redesign the system again if the original files have been replaced with the modified ones. In case of any better options, I would still be looking forward to that. Thanks a lot

Aabid Baba
        Participant

Hello Taiwo Ambali,
        You are welcome. I agree with your point that if we delete the subsystem all the components lying inside that subsystem get removed. In this case I would suggest you to first copy the entire components lying inside the subsystem as we normally do and then only delete the subsystem. Since you have all the components copied now you can easily paste all the components in sane manner as these components were connected inside the subsystem.
        I hope this will help you.
        Regards

Hello Taiwo
      First of all welcome. The forum is for discussions. As far as your problem is concerned i will suggest to first copy the components inside the subsystem as mentioned by Mr Aabid. Later you can delete the subsystem and paste the copied components in the same arrangement as in former.I hope this will help you .
      Thanks
      Regards

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.