Home Forums SYSTEM How to manage the delay in OptiSystem

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Tu Nguyen
      Participant

Dear all,

I am now trying to simulate the Matlab cosimulation with OptisSystem. I read the sample, namely MatlabOptiSysBER.m and OpticalLinkProject.osd. As I carefully examined, the number if bit at the transmitter is 2040 bit, and when the simulation is done, the number of samples of bit sequence recovered is just above 2*2040 = 4080 samples. How it happen? why not just 2040 received samples?
      Another concern, I dont know how we obmit one sample alternately when we count the received signal (the code commande: BinaryOut(:,swint) = SignalOut(3:2:2*(NrOfBits-1),1); ). and what is stand for the number 3 in this command? because of the filter order (4) in this simulation? so the delay should be 4-1=3? does it correct? I read the help secsion of the filter block but there is nothing about the delay created by the filter.

I attached two file below for better clarification. Thank you very much,

Attachments:
      Damian Marek
      Participant

Please post only one topic per question/subject. You can click the Edit button to attach an additional file (like your OptiSystem project file)

Thanks!

Tu Nguyen
        Participant

Thank you,
        Since I did not see my post so I thought that there was an error in network connection. I am sorry!

Damian Marek
          Participant

No problem, I’m just letting you know why I deleted your other topic.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.