Home Forums SYSTEM How to make a relative propagation delay between two SMF?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      mai fouad
      Participant

if i have two SMF (single mode fiber) and i want to make a relative propagation delay between them about 1 ps/km , how to set this parameter in optisystem optical fiber ?

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

You open the properties of the fiber optic block (which already comes as standard in SMF optisystem) will in Differential Group Delay and make the necessary modification

Attachments:
      Heitor Galvao
      Participant

See this small file

mai fouad
      Participant

but DGD differential group delay related to delay between two polarization modes not delay between propagation time between two different fibers !!!

Heitor Galvao
        Participant

Yes this related to polarization mode dispersion (PMD), thanks for the correction

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

You can do the following you can go into global variables create variable delay with the respective unit. The definition of the optical delay is the following “Generates optical signal delays. The delay is added by sending NULL signals to the output port. “With this you put between the amplifier output that accompanies the first fiber with the entry of the second most fiber amplifier

Attachments:
      Heitor Galvao
      Participant

This block “optical fiber” by default the optisystem offers it with characteristics of SMF

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

And the dispersion compensated so reducing the length of second fiber in half, and fold the dispersion looks like this
      (D1) * L1 + D2*L2 = 0
      16.75 + 50 * (25) * (-33.5) = 0

Heitor Galvao
      Participant

I have helped

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.