Home Forums SYSTEM How to Implement Tunable Laser and Tunable Filter in Optisystem

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Saad Zafar
      Participant

Hello.

I want to develop a WDM System with tunability option in it. As initial step, I want to learn how to implement/simulate Tunable laser and tunable filters . Your help in this regard would be highly helpful for me.

Thankyou

alistu
      Participant

Hi Saad,

You can easily change the laser frequency in OptiSystem to implement your design, so you can use the available lasers. As for the filters, although the characteristics of optical filter components can be changed in the same way, you can use fiber bragg grating filter and fabry-perot filter which are known as tunable filters in designs.

Regards

Saad Zafar
      Participant

Thankyou for the reply.
      I want to know is there any possibility that my lasers and filters tune themselves according to the input/output ?

alistu
        Participant

There are some components such as controlled pump laser that can be controlled in some way. You can find them in “Optical Sources” section in transmitters library and you can read more about their function in their help section. As for the filters, I suggest you visit the following Optiwave link introducing optical filters:

WDM Components – Tunable Filters

Regards

Alessandro Festa
        Participant

If for example you want that the filter wavelength changes according to the tunable wavelength, you probably should use scripts to do so.

Saad Zafar
      Participant

Thankyou for the help. I will get back to you for further help.

muhammad jawad
      Participant

Dear saad

you can set the desired wavelength by double clicking the LD and Change the parameters accordingly
      hope it will work
      regards

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.