Home Forums SYSTEM how to implement Single side bande with LiNbO3 MZM modulator

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      gherbi mohamed
      Participant

hi,
      i m interested for transmission of single side band (SSB) because it perform better then DSB in terms of power effeciency.
      have any one an exemple to compare the performance in BER and Q factor of the tow systems.
      best regards

Ravil
      Participant

Hi gherbi mohamed,

The topic you are working on is a very interesting one and has been addressed in few researches from different points of view. In all the cases, the performance in BER and Q factor of the tow systems is the most important factor. As per your request, I am attaching two papers regarding comparison of SSB and SDB. First gives you an example of application of those techniques for OFDM-PONs (with BER and Q-factor performance). Second presents a comparison of their detection schemes.

Good luck!

Damian Marek
        Participant

Hi Ravil,

I had to delete those attachments, because at least one of them was a paper from a paid journal. Instead please only provide the citation of the paper you would like to share.

Thanks!

Ravil
          Participant

Hi Damian,

I completely understand your point and I will keep it in mind for my future references. Sorry about that and thanks for taking care of this situation!

gherbi mohamed
      Participant

hi Ravil,
      i am very happy for your reply thanks.
      i need some examples under optisystem if possible because i d’ont know the choice of parameters of the LiNbO3 to obtain the SSB spectra. for example the value of Vpi ?
      best regards

Damian Marek
        Participant

Hi Gherbi,

In the latest versions of OptiSystem we have expanded our technical background for this area. Please check out the component help file found by double-clicking the component and clicking “Help”. There are detailed instructions found within that will explain how to bias the modulator at different points.

Furthermore, there is a sample about these settings found in the “OptiSystem 13 Samples\Optical transmitter design and analysis\LiNb_Modulator_Settings”.

Regards

Ravil
        Participant

Hi Gherbi,

Unfortunately, I have not developed schemes of LiNbO3 where the SSB spectra was obtained. Can just refer you to Damian’s comments. In general, the Vpi is determined by the refractive index and Pockels nonlinear coefficient, i. e. material parameters and geometrical dimensions of your modulator.

gherbi mohamed
      Participant

thanks for you

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.