Home Forums SYSTEM How to generate a pulse pump using optisystem?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      yang chaolin
      Participant

HELLO everyone,I am an optisystem beginner ,recently ,I am using optisystem to simulate a pulse pumped source to pump EDFA,
      BUT it seems neither CW,PUMP LASER, MZ interferometer and controled pump laser can not generate a pulse pump。

could anyone give me some suggestions to this problem?

THX inadvance!

Ravil
      Participant

Hello Yang,

Since you are at the beginning level, did you consider the tutorials at the OptiSystem website from chapter “Doped Optical Fiber Amplifiers”? Here is the link for that: https://optiwave.com/resources/applications-resources/optical-system-automatic-control-simulation/ Or you can also take a look at more complex pumping techniques https://optiwave.com/resources/applications-resources/optical-system-optimizing-the-pump-power-and-frequencies-of-raman-amplifiers-for-gain-flatness/

Ravil
      Participant

A good general explanation is given at the examples indicated above. However, if you have any further questions or difficulties, pls, upload your project (it is hard to find your mistake without seeing it!) so we can take a look at it and better help you. You can also attach the screen shots of your scheme if you can…

yang chaolin
        Participant

thank you Ravil, I’m sorry to reply you so late .
        I am reading the article you give me. but my project is running, after it finished, I will up load it to seek your futher help -。-!

Ravil
      Participant

You are welcome, Yang! It is good to hear that your project is running now! As a member of Optiwave forum, I am glad to help you with my advice and recommendations. Let us know if you have any further questions / comments about your project. Good luck with your future work!

yang chaolin
        Participant

HI Ravil,fig 1 is my project, i want to generate a 1KHZ repetition,20us width pulse pump laser.and fig2 is my setup of bit sequence generator,fig3 is the spectrum of concroled pump laser . you can see the pectrum has pulse broadening like this, how can i siulate a sigle frequency pump laser ?

THANK YOU!

Damian Marek
          Participant

Hi Yang,

The spectrum you are showing is almost single frequency! It is not clear what the exact bandwidth is because the Resolution Bandwidth option is checked and has a value of 0.01 nm, which is larger than the apparent bandwidth. Uncheck that option and look again.

Unless you use a parameterized source you will never have a truly single wavelength Laser (especially if it is being modulated), as from Fourier analysis the bandwidth of the Laser will depend on the modulated signal it is carrying.

Regards

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.