Home Forums BPM how to find the optimized geomatric for mach zehnder interferometer

how to find the optimized geomatric for mach zehnder interferometer

Profile Photo
(joined April 2014)
Participant

How we can find the best geometry and design for mach zehnder interferometer?
I need the perfect design for it and it should consist of electrodes, any example?
many thanks

Responses (6):

How we can find the best geometry and design for mach zehnder interferometer?
      I need the perfect design for it and it should consist of electrodes, any example?
      many thanks

Profile Photo
      Steve Dods
      Participant

In the OptiBPMsamples directory there is a directory called Mzi. Inside are samples and documentation of a Mach-Zehnder interferometer.

yes I can see but I wish have something like 2 Y shape connected each other that kind of mach zehnder, this one is different I think so right?

Profile Photo
      Steve Dods
      Participant

Yes, it is different. You’ll have to make your own layout, but it is worthwhile to study the MZI example. You can use it as a guide.

many thanks, If any more sample regarding this matter please let me know, nice.

Profile Photo
      rabeya shompa
      Participant

Hi everyone,
      Tutorial 14 results in no insertion loss at 0 and 6.75 voltage.. how’s dat even possible… when I studied i found in every paper containing loss result…

Profile Photo
      Steve Dods
      Participant

Near zero insertion loss in a waveguide coupler is theoretically possible. On the other hand, in practice there will probably be insertion loss in coupling light in and out of the waveguides. Therefore measurements of a coupler can be expected to have insertion loss.

Login You must be logged in to reply to this topic.