Home Forums GENERAL How to download samples

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Tu Nguyen
      Participant

I cannot download any sample simulations such as optical OFDM on Optiwave website… and I also do not see any samples in Optisystem’s library. are there any something wrong? Please help me! thank you

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Tu,

Are you trying to access those samples from your Optiwave user account? Did you create an account? Based on my experience and Optiwave rules and regulations, you should be able to obtain a trial versions of Optiwave products and download the examples after creating an acount with Optiwave…

Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

If you are using optisystem 13.
      Go to Programe files> Optiwave software> optisystem 13> optisystem samples.exe
      Install this file wherever you wish and browse samples.

Tu Nguyen
      Participant

Thank you very much for your help Ravil and shrama. I already downloaded the desired files following your helps.
      I am thinking of using this tool for my PhD research. However, I am now quite confusing a little bit how deep I can monitor into optical devices in OptiSystem. I am not sure since I see many things done completely. It is great to know that the Optisystem can be integrated into Matlab, and it would be more plexibilitle for me. Do you have any documents related to this matter? I see some guides at the library but I wonder are there other documents, more deeply. Thank you very much,
      By the way, can you refer me some paper which used OptiSytem for their work? It seems to me that the tool is not usually used to research.
      Thank you and have a nice time,

Tu Nguyen
      Participant

Thank you so much for providing me more detailed information.
      I am now experiencing some of the samples with OptiSystem (trial version). It is quite simple to use and understand, however, many of subsystems are not accessible, they are hidden. For example, I am looking at sample “100 Gbps DP-QPSK System with DSP” and actually, I cannot look into the RX, or DSP sub-blocks. Does the tool blocked these sub-systems with the trial version? and will it be opened once we use the licensed tool officially?
      Thank you

Ravil
      Participant

Dear Tu,

I am not quite understand the last issue you are facing… What kind of blocked tools are you talking about? As far as I can remember (when I was looking at this particular example and running it) there should be a description file available for DSP and seems like I was able to see the structure of RX and TX. Please, correct me if I am wrong…

Tu Nguyen
      Participant

Thank you. Actually, I cannot access into the RX, TX and DSP blocks in that example. I want to look insight in order to see how it is designed. I think that maybe It cannot be accessible with trial version. I am not sure whether my thinking is right or not. Or maybe these blocks are the “hard built” and we can not modify it. I do not think so… therefore, I assume that it is because of trial version? right?

Damian Marek
        Participant

Hi Tu,

Many of the components are self contained and cannot be broken down and further, like the DSP. If you want to understand how they work then just double click the component and navigate to Help.

As a note the trial version is in no way different than the full version. All the functionality is there.

Regards

Ravil
      Participant

Hi Tu,

I understand your point now. I cannot access inside all the blocks you mentioned (RX, TX and DSP) in that example in trial version either. At the same time, I don’t think (unfortunately I don’t have access to OptiSystem right at the moment to check it myself) that you can access all these blocks yourself and modify them (which, I agree, would be useful for a research). It seems like, as you mentioned, these blocks are “hard built”. Let’s wait for a final answer from Optiwave team…

Ravil
      Participant

Damian,

Thanks for your elaboration and clarification!

Ajay Vyas
      Participant

Youcan download from the Tutorial or lesson or assingment segment on website . Whichh version of optisystem you are using right now I have two sample .exe file you can run & excuit those file.

Tu Nguyen
      Participant

Thank you all, I got the point. some functions actually are embeded by matlab code and of course, we cannot look inside.
      And does any one who get the .osd files of assingment examples (https://optiwave.com/resources/academia/optisystem-lab-assignments/) which are run by OptiPerformer? I am playing with Optisytem 13 trial version and I want to look into all parameters of examples reather than some changable parameters.
      Thank you!

Tu Nguyen
      Participant

Does anyone see the sample folder after setting the OptiSystem 13 up? I read help section and it is said like “These examples can also be found in OptiSystem 13 samples/Transmitter design and analysis/LiNb_Modulator_Settings.osd” but actually, I cannot find out the samples folder. What is wrong with it? Thank you!

Damian Marek
        Participant

Perhaps you have not installed it or it was deleted. The default folder should be something like:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\OptiSystem 13 Samples

If it is not there you can re-install the samples by first navigating to the installation folder of OptiSystem:

C:\Program Files\Optiwave Software\OptiSystem 13

and run the OptiSystem_Samples.exe executable.

Regards

Tu Nguyen
          Participant

Thank you! I checked again and reinstalled, but nothing happens. Can you show me where I can download the “OptiSystem_Samples.exe ” executable to run? I installed OptiSystem by the executive file named “OptiSystem_13_64-bit.exe”
          Thank!

Damian Marek
          Participant

You re-installed OptiSystem and were unable to find the “OptiSystem_Samples.exe” in the installation folder? While running the “OptiSystem_Samples.exe” there should be an option to specify the directory. Make sure it is pointing to where you are looking.

It should always appear there. I’m hesitant to attach the executable since if we have different versions it will not work.

Regards

Badraoui Nada
      Participant

dears
      how can I find the otptisystem examples please

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.