Home Forums BPM How to create LNoI waveguide?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Mubarak Ali
      Participant

Hi..

I have created lithium niobate on insulator(LNoI) layout. But, i could not run the waveguide, it shows the access violation error. Please give me a solution to create LNOI waveguide. I have attached the layout and materials details with error message.

Steve Dods
      Participant

There does not appear to be an attachment to this post. Can you try to attach the project file? (The one with extension .bpd)

Lithium niobate is an insulator. It can become a waveguide if Ti is diffused into the surface. What do you mean by lithium niobate on insulator(LNoI)?

Mubarak Ali
      Participant

Hi Steve Dods..

The LN on insulator(Sio2) is used for low loss and better confinement. I have attached the files. Please suggest some ways to create layered profiles. I have tried using channel profile and adding layers in substrate option. The structure is created but it shows error while running the simulation. Often it shows violation error..

Thanks in advance..

Steve Dods
      Participant

In OptiBPM, one can define waveguides created by diffusion of specific metals into specific crystals. These features follow the technical process for each diffused waveguide technology. Examples can be found in OptiBPM_Tech_Background_and_Tutorials.pdf,Lesson 7: applying predefined diffusion processes. For example the substrate can be lithium niobate, the required process parameters are already defined in OptiBPM. One cannot have a substrate of dielectric material, since the diffusion process is not defined. I recommend following lesson 7 and modifying it to suit your application as far as possible.

Mubarak Ali
      Participant

Great answer Steve.. Thanks a lot..

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.