Home Forums GENERAL How to acknowledge the software?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mubarak Ali
      Participant

Hi..

Me and my friend is working in optiBPM and optiFDTD packages. I am working with evaluation version downloaded from Optiwave and my friend is working in the licensed version of the software. Now I want to publish my paper, but my friend name is not included in the paper. My question is how to mention the optiBPM/optiFDTD software packages in my paper. Either I have to acknowledge the Optiwave for providing me the evaluation version or my friend’s institution for using the licensed version. Please suggest me and mention some format of sentences that I have to include in the paper for acknowledging the software.

Thanks in advance..

Scott Newman

Hello Mubarak,

We do not have official wording but we appreciate any acknowledgement of the software when used in research. Typically authors have a statement along the lines of “The numerical results presented in this work were produced using ….”.

As for whether you need to acknowledge the institution for access to the software that you would need to address with the institution as most have their own policies. Though most if not all will require acknowledgement of any funding agencies whose funds supported the work.

Scott

Mubarak Ali
      Participant

Hi Scott Newman..

Thank you for your great answer..

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.