Home Forums FIBER high runtime

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Hossein Roshan
      Participant

Hello
      I’m simulating a phase conjugation module. in nonlinear part, I use a single mode fiber and reduce effective area to 10.5um^2 to use it as a HNLF fiber. in this nonlinear part coupled signal and pump and FWM will happend. The Optisystem when run my link, working for long times in HNLF fiber (after 1hour nothing happen). I want to know:
      1. Does Optisystem work true for my simulation? (FWM, phase conjugation)
      2. how long would the simulation take ??

(my optisystem version: 7 )

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello,
      As far as the simulation time is concerned it depends on many factors like the launching power used for transmission, also the number of iterations.
      For less runtime I suggest you to use low launching power. I hope this helps.
      Regards

I agree with Mr.Aabid Baba.
      It is very much related to the factors aforementioned by Aabid Baba.Hope it in a way helps you.
      Thanks
      Regards

adnan sabbar
      Participant

dear friend
      simulation time depend first on the performance of your computer, for example RAM size, microprocessor speed.
      and for the FWM model, it depends on many parameter such as, lunched power, fiber length, nonlinear parameter (A and n2).
      I hope that was useful

Hello Hossein

As far as your query is concerned i think all the forum members have put forth valuable suggestions. I too think that the simulation time depends on the performance of your computer, for example RAM size, microprocessor speed as mentioned by Mr Adnan.
      Also i think Aabid has given some important points. I hope this would help you.

Best wishes

Burhan

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi Hossein Roshan,
      The simulation time depends on various factors such as
      1. Sequence length (used in the layout parameters)
      2. sample rate i.e samples/sec (in layout): higher the sample rate the run time will be high
      3. optical source or Laser power (Higher the power more the time) as said by Abid baba
      4. Number of iteration or loop
      5. Processor frequency of your system
      6. Also the transmission distance if you are using fiber.
      7. Also type of component used eg: white light source take more time than the lasers.

With regards,
      Dhiman Kakati

gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

Yes agreed with Dhiman signal proagation in hNLF takes unusually long times i have been working on it and worst is when results are not as expected and we need to make further changes.
      My advise : decrease launching power, decrease sequence length and length of HNLF . With such small dimensions kindly make HNLF of few tens of nts pssbly 50-200 m

gaganpreet Kaur
      Participant

Moreover FWM crosstalk will be very high in this HNLF so even output will not give u clear eye diagram. if u r using more than one channels increase the channel spacing to more than 100GHz. I hope it works.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.