Home Forums SYSTEM Hierarchical Modulation

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Tayyab Mehmood
      Participant

Hi, I am trying to do QPSK/16QAM Hierarchical modulation with High-priority (HP) QPSK signals and the Low-priority (LP) 16 QAM signals. But unable to add them to see them on a single constellation diagram (as shown in the conceptual diagram).
      I have attached the optisystem file along with the conceptual figure too.
      Thanks

Tayyab Mehmood
      Participant

Here is the basic conceptual diagram of hierarchical modulation in the electrical domain

Attachments:
      preben
      Participant

Hi,Tayyab,

do you solve your problem? I am also interested in this kind modulation in OptiSystem.

Tayyab Mehmood
      Participant

Still, did not find a solution to do hierarchical modulation in Optisystem 14.0. But succeeded to do hierarchical modulation in MATLAB.

Damian Marek
      Participant

I put this small project together to demonstrate how to do it in OptiSystem. It’s not too hard.

One of the signals is the underlying signal which is amplified by 2 and the extra signal is layered on top in each quandrant.

Regards,
      Damian

Tayyab Mehmood
      Participant

Thanks Damian for replying with such a helpful material. I have done this part too in the optisystem. I am wondering how one can extract both the signals (high priority and low priority) at the receiver side . Would you please help me in this regard.

Damian Marek
        Participant

You could make a 4 QAM Demodulator to get back the primary signal. The demodulator should be made so that it does not care about the detailed parts in each quadrant, but simply detects which quadrant the symbol is in. That would give back the first signal.

For the second it would also be a 4 QAM demodulator but with its constellation shifted into one of the quadrants. Just make a user defined IQ map.

+1
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.