Home Forums GENERAL Help with FBG Bragg Wavelength

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anant Mantha
      Participant

I’m working on a FBG pressure sensor design.
      I want to know if the Bragg wavelength of the FBG keep increasing indefinitely, (ofcourse till the strain doesn’t break it) or is there a range through which the Bragg wavelength increases and then stops increasing.

Ahmad Atieh

Hello Anant,
      The stress/strain parameters in the FBG sensor are set by the user in a range that the simulation allows (please refer to the component datasheet). The drift in the FBG center wavelength will respond to these ranges. You need to make sure that you use reasonable values to represent practical implementation.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Anant Mantha
      Participant

Hi Ahmed
      Thanks for help. I actually wanted to know what happens in case of hardware implementation. Is the bragg wavelegth a constrained property of a physical FBG or it keeps increasing along with strain.
      TIA

Ahmad Atieh

Dear TIA,
      Physically, the FBG center wavelength will drift with increase the strain to a level that the grating broke or doesn’t allow light propagating in the fiber.
      Are you able to make experiments on FBGs? I am interested in the experimental results and validation of the model!
      you may contact me at ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com
      Ahmad

Anant Mantha
      Participant

Hi Ahmed

Thanks for your answer. I have contacted you via the email you have provided, kndly check. Also if you are willing i shall send you my project report from my final year college project as you were interesting in experimental validation. We had done a small experiment but only used the bare FBG Fibre and not the Actual sensor. It was a proof of concept.

regards
      Anant

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Anant Mantha.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.