Home Forums SYSTEM half wave voltage

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Hi all, In LN-MZM where I can set the half wave voltage.

With Regards,
      Dhiman kakati

alistu
      Participant

Hi Dhiman,

If you are referring to the voltage to make Null , Peak and Quadrature bias points, they are created using the bias voltages and their differece. I suggest that you have a look at the help section of the LiNb Mach Zehnder modulator for more precise information about how to set the values.

Regards

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

thanks Alistu…

With regards

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome Dhiman.

I have also attached a file containing different modulator settings from the Optiwave.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Thanks alistu, The 3 different configuration u have attached have difference output but still not clear about the half wave voltage.

With regards

alistu
        Participant

The three different configurations have different bias. As far as I know, the half-wave voltage is the voltage needed to have a phase change of pi. For this purpose, I think you should use the settings for the null operating point. Please notice the sine generator bias in the three settings.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Thank alistu, I will look into this

With regards

Dhananjay Patel
      Participant

Half wave voltage is nothing but the switching voltage which decides the slope of the transfer function of the modulator.

To bias the modulator in quadrature, keep the switching voltage at 4volts (for example) and the bias voltage (either 1 or 2) at 2 volts. The modulator will generate double sideband full carrier signal when the phase shift between the two is 180 degrees. Let me know if you need furthur help.

Dr. Dhiman Kakati
      Participant

Thanks Dhananjay

Abhishek Shrama
      Participant

Hi Dhanajay , Kindly visit the link

MZM Operation and Pulse Carving [Optical System]

For detailed discussion go through the link attached here

RF signal Modultion response (Graph Between Amplitude and Output Optical Power)

Thank you

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.