Home Forums BPM grin lens

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Bilas Chowdhury
      Participant

How do I define GRIN lens index equation in optibpm? How do I get a model where I can customize the grin lens according to the material?

Looks like optibpm does not allow it.

any help?

Scott Newman

Hello Bilas,

This can be done through the Circular profile. You can add multiple layers and control the each layers geometry (refractive index distribution). Once you have the refractive index profile you want you assign this profile to your lens. For example here is an example of a parabolic graded index ranging from 3.48 to 1 over 2 microns and the results of it assigned to a lens with a radius of 12 um.

Bilas Chowdhury
      Participant

Thank you. Is it done in optibpm or optimode? Could you share the file for me to look it? If you dont mind.

Bilas Chowdhury
      Participant

Close to circular profile is elliptic waveguide or circular lens? I don’t find any option for circular profile.

Scott Newman

Hello Bilas,

This was done in OptiBPM, I would need to know what version of the product you are using in order to provide you with the design. As to your other question the circular profile is a waveguide profile whereas the elliptic waveguide or circular lens are waveguide structures. In Optiwave products you have to choose your waveguide object which establishes the path of the waveguide while assigning a profile which establishes the cross section. To do this you create a circular profile by opening the profile designer by double clicking on the material entry in the project browser on the left side of the application. Then once you are done that create a circular lens and assign the profile to it.

Scott

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.