Home Forums SYSTEM Global setting for Bi-directional data transmission

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      pallab Choudhury
      Participant

Hi,

For the simulation of Bi-directional data transmission with different data rates (Say, Downstream: 10Gbps and Upstream:500 Mbps) in the same fiber span, how to set the global parameters (like sequence length, sample rate, time window etc) so that the signals can be analyzed independently in both side?

Damian Marek
      Participant

Since the bit rate is what determines the time window along with the bit sequence length make sure that the global bit rate reflects the slowest bit rate. In this case I would set the global rate to 500 Mbps and for the downstream set all the components manually. Or you could create a new global bit rate called “Bit rate DS” for example reference that variable in each component.

Regards

+1
      Alessandro Festa
      Participant

Hi Damian, I thought that the Bit Rate should match the higher one, and then you can create a global parameters with the “slow” bitrate for the second source. Why should you use the slowest bitrate?

Damian Marek
        Participant

Technically you could do either! Personally I like setting the slower bit rate globally since the time window is calculated from it. If you use the higher bit rate (and you do not use a large enough sequence length) there is a chance that time window will be too short for the slower bit rate to get a meaningful sequence length transmitted.

Regards

Alessandro Festa
          Participant

I understand your point, but wouldn’t I risk to have a too low Sample Rate if I do what you suggest?
          I often do simulations with high speed (100G) clients and low bitrate (STM-1…STM-16) supervisory channels, so I am very interested in this topic.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.