Home Forums GENERAL Generating Multiple side-bands or optical carriers by a single CW source

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      muhammad jawad
      Participant

Dear All
      Hope you all will be fine
      Please let me know how we can generate multiple optical carriers or side-bands by using a single CW laser source????

Hi Muhammed
      you might either use the frequency as a sweep parameter, so you can generate multiple frequencies at different times. or if you want to generate different frequencies at the same time, there is a component named CW Laser Array, in which you can define number of outputs and frequency of each.

thanks
      Mohamed

Arpita Singh
      Participant

So, can we use the laser array for spectrum slicing?

Teena Sharma
      Participant

hello sir,

is laser array component practically available for generation of multiple wavelengths in market ….i mean can a single laser source generate a number of frequencies….

Pankaj Patel
      Participant

As per my knowledge, the single Laser source cannot be used for generating multiple frequencies. You would require a laser array for practical purpose. But on optisystem, you can use a sweep which can provide frequency range.

muhammad jawad
      Participant

Dear Teena

Any laser source normally does not emit light at single wavelength/frequency but of band of wavelengths centered around central wavelength.Laser array is actually combination of more than one laser diodes.You may check from vendors of google its commercial availability

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.