Home Forums SYSTEM Generating multimodes for spatial mode multiplexing

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Rajveer Bhagat
      Participant

Hi everyone,

Can some one tell me how can we generate different spatial modes of a single laser for spatial division multiplexing. I know there is a component ‘multimode generator’ for generating different modes. But can someone please tell me the working principle behind this component?.

Is it possible in optisystem software to generate multimodes using photonic crystal fiber? I actually submitted a paper in spatial division multiplexing based optical link. The reviewers have asked me to describe how does mode generator and mode selector component works?

Ahmad Atieh

Hello Rajveer,
      could you please email me your paper in order to help in responding to the reviewers?
      OptiSystem doesn’t have photonic crystal fiber. However, you may design the photonic crystal fiber using other Optiwave software (Optimode) where the modes are calculated. There are couple of application notes on Optiwave’s website that you may read about this subject. We are thinking to integrate these modes into OptiSystem to allow spatial division multiplexing.
      regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.