Home Forums SYSTEM Genaration of Gaussian Mono cycle Pulses for IR-UWB

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Ibn Aziz
      Participant

Hi every one !
      Hope u all r fine !

Is there any tutorial of opti-sys related to generation of Gaussian mono cycle pulses for Impulse Radio- Ultra wide band in the milli- meter wave band ??

I will be v thakful to u for ur kind response.

Best Regards
      Stay Bless

Jaffar Emad Kadum
      Participant

Hi Bilal,

You can find my paper, I hope it can help you

http://cirworld.com/journals/index.php/ijct/issue/view/374

Damian Marek
      Participant

With a little effort it is quite easy in OptiSystem! You could have made a measured pulse in the Pule Generator library that models a Gaussian Monocycle, but from the fact that it is a derivative of the normal Gaussian pulse I was able to make a very simple example.

Regards

Ibn Aziz
      Participant

Thanks ALot Damian Marek and Jaffar Emad Kadum, and Sorry for late response i was soo buzy.

Regards

Ibn Aziz
      Participant

Damian Marek i think the file u have attached above is in V-13 and i couldn’t be able to open it. It will be so nice of u if u upload this setup in Opti sys V-7 file because i have access to V-7 only.

I will be thankfull to u for ur help.

Best Regards

Ibn Aziz
      Participant

Dear Damian Marek one thing more !

The method u have explained above in attached file, followed any research paper then kindly share that research paper or his title so that i can get into it for more details.

Thanks for ur cooperation.

Best Regards

Ibn Aziz
        Participant

*sorry
        if followed any research then plz share that paper or his detail/title.

Best Regards

Damian Marek
        Participant

Hi Bilal,

I can’t attach it as a OptiSystem 7 file because I don’t have the previous versions. I did not take the design from any article in particular, but I made it myself from the basic property of the Gaussian pulse.

Regards

Ibn Aziz
          Participant

k thanks Damien Marek.

Stay Bless.

Jaffar Emad Kadum
      Participant

Dear Bilal,

I used this method in UWB-over-fiber system in my three papers
      1- Transmission Performance Investigation of IR-UWB Signals over Existing optical fiber Transmission link
      2- Transmission Performance Investigation of Multi IR-UWB Signals over DWDM Communication System
      3- Integration of IR-UWB Services into Single- and Multi-Channel Optical
      Coherent OFDM Network

in this journal
      http://cirworld.com/journals/index.php/ijct/issue/view/374

Ibn Aziz
      Participant

Dear Jaffar Emad Asalamu e lakum!

I am not getting access to ur this paper

” 1- Transmission Performance Investigation of IR-UWB Signals over Existing optical fiber Transmission link ”

plz attached this paper here at forum post (in pdf).

I wil be thankful to u.

Best Regards

Jaffar Emad Kadum
      Participant
      Ibn Aziz
      Participant

Thanks dear !

Ibn Aziz
      Participant

Dear Jaffer Emad
      i have gone to ur paperz but my work is quit diffrent from ur’s. Actually i am working on photonically generation of Gaussian Mono cycle Pulses for IR-UWB. If u have any such reference related to this and implemented in Opti sys then kindly share that reference here.

Or if u know any tutorial on photonically genaration of Gaussian mono cycle pulses in Opti sys plz share.

Best Regards

Jaffar Emad Kadum
      Participant

Dear Bilal,
      I am currently working on the monocycle and doublet optical generation system based on Phase modulation to intensity modulation conversion, and I will give it to you after published

Ibn Aziz
      Participant

k thanks .

@all
      Can some one explain “”Why we only prefer to use Gaussian Mono Cycle Pulses for IR-UWB System””.

As in many research papers they count the advantages of Gaussian Mono cycle pulses for IR-UWB systems. But i could not find any specific reason in them, in which they explain the reason why Gaussian Mono cycle Pulses have all these adv.

Or u can say that what properties or characteristics let these pulses to have all these adv and due to which we preferably used these pulses over other type of pulses (e.g gaussian etc) in IR-UWB.

Kindly if any one know why these pulses have these Qualities, plz share.

I wil be thakful to u.

Best Regards

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.