Home Forums SYSTEM gain vs wavelength curve of raman amplifier

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      lavanya krishnan
      Participant

I want to obtain gain vs wavelength curve in raman amplifier but i can’t obtain it. i have uploaded the simulation file . Can anyone help me pls?

Attachments:
      alistu
      Participant

Hi lavanya,

In order to obtain the aforementioned curve, you should use the OptiSystem parameter sweep. i suggest you go through the following link for this purpose:

Lesson 4: Parameter Sweeps — BER x Input Power

Then you can easily do this by choosing the parameters of your own. Please ask any further questions you might have.

Regards

MHD NA
      Participant

Hi Lavanya;
      if you want to draw any curve corresponding the relation between two parameters, you should make one of them as iterations and the other still fixed so you can draw curve in the “report” window by choosing the parameters from side part.

Regards,

lavanya krishnan
      Participant

in fact I did parameter sweep also I included dual port wdm analyzer still I cant get the curve pls see my attachment file

MHD NA
      Participant

Hi Lavanya;
      I think your project needs a small modification which is lower and upper frequency limit in Dual port WDM analyzer to become (30- 100) THz.
      I make this modification and attached it, so see the new project and I think it will solve your problem.
      Try it and tell me about the obtained results.

Regards,

Sasha
      Participant

Hello Lavanya,

Right click the WDM analyzer, select the component view option and then 3 tabs given in the bottom. Then select 2D graphs, in that check the raman gain vs frequency.

I have attached a picture. Take a look at it.

Regards,
      Sasha

lavanya krishnan
      Participant

thanks mohmmaed nameera for ur help but I fear graph is not correct

MHD NA
      Participant

Hi Lavanya;
      if you have a curve like in the attached photo from Sasha or similar to it, your obtained curve will be reasonable but need some improvement by modification on the parameters of the other components.
      Try that and Good Luck with your results.

Regards,

lavanya krishnan
      Participant

hi sasha,
      thanks for ur help
      in my simulation I can not obtain graph similar to ur one if u don’t mind can u pls upload ur simulation file pls

Sasha
      Participant

Hello Lavanya,

Sorry, that is not WDM analyzer, you have to view in Raman Amplifier. I didn’t change anything in your file.

I attached a file here

Attachments:
      Sasha
      Participant

Hello Lavanya,

I think you have to give proper wavelength for CW laser, WDM analyzer and pump laser. I saw the example of optiwave tutorials andgave the wavelength range. CW laser wavelength 1520nm to 1620nm, Pump laser 1405nm to 1510nm, WDM analyzer 1518nm to 1625nm.

To look at the output, calculate the file and then press option add report in main layout window. Then new report window opens then, in insert option click opti2D graph.after that draw in the screen. Now you got the screen for your output.Then left side, in wdm analyzer click results option, you can see all the simulations. Come down, in that click total gain drag it to the graph and after that click wavelength at maximum gain and drag it to the screen. Now you can see the output graph.

I attached a file and picture.

Regards,
      Sasha

lavanya krishnan
      Participant

thanks sasha

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.