Home Forums SYSTEM Gain Graph in Bidirectional System

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Fatin Nabilah
      Participant

Hello everyone,

How to plot the graph of the maximum gain in the Dual Port WDM Analyzer in Bidirectional Simulation?. As we know, there a multiple iteration when dealing with Bidirectional Optical Fiber. How can we plot the gain graph?

I’m attach my simulation file below.

Hello Nabilah.
      As you want to plot graph between Ber and gain but I may give you a general procedure. To create a graph showing the BER versus the power, you must obtain the results generated by the BER Analyzer . To obtain results using the Report Page , perform the following procedure.

1.Select the Report tab in the Project layout window.The Report window appears.
      2. Click the Opti2DGraph button on the Report toolbar and draw a 2D graph in the report window.The 2D graph appears in the Report window.
      3. In the Project Browser, select the parameterPower from the CW Laser , and drag it to the 2D graph X-axis (a grey triangle appears in the graph in the bottom right corner).The graph appears in the Report window.
      4. In the Project Browser, select the Min. log of BER result from the BER Analyzer component, and drag it into the Y-axis of the graph (the grey triangle appears in the top left corner).
      The result is plotted in the graph.
      hope this will help in your case.
      Thanks
      Regards

Fatin Nabilah
        Participant

Hello Hamza,

Thank you for the response. But i want to plot graph in the report tab for gain vs wavelength.

Aabid Baba
          Participant

Hello Fatin Nabilah,
          As far as your query is concerned I would suggest you to go through Lesson 4 of the tutorial the link of which has been already posted by Hamza Ali Abbas in the previous reply. You may have to go through it and see if you can plot your desired graph. Hopefully you should be able to do it. I hope your query gets resolved.
          Regards

For details you may refer to this link.It will surely help.

Lesson 4: Parameter Sweeps — BER x Input Power

I hope it does help.
      Thanks
      Regards

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.