Home Forums FIBER FWM

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Saja Al Mamoori
      Participant

I need to design a WDM network where I have 4 channels to test the effect of fiber nonlinearities (XPM, FWM, and SRS) on adjacent and next adjacent channels. I am not interested in (SPM, SBS) as my project should consider multi-channel WDM network, not the effects on the same signal. I need to have results where I can plot a graph for XPM, FWM, or SRS change with channel spacing. The x-axis is the channel spacing and the y-axis is signal power.

Ashu verma
      Participant

Hello saja,you can measure a fwm power with varied spacings and you will able to plot graphs for as many channels you want to study.what kind of problem you are hqving? Attach your result screen shot or system file .so that we will able to help you.

Taiwo Ambali Abiola
      Participant

As said by Samsung, always try to attach your system design. However, all you need to do is to enable and disable those effects on your SMF (fiber) and monitor the received signal in terms of the BER, received power and perhaps the Q factor of the eye.

Saja Al Mamoori
        Participant

Thank you Taiwo, I would like to test Cross-phase modulation (XPM) with different channel spacing but I am not sure which sample project to use. Besides when I go the nonlinearities tab of the fiber window I see Self-phase modulation (SPM) with a check box. How can I activate the XPM and test it with different power levels and channel spacing.

Best,

Ashu verma
          Participant

Effect on WDM due to Cross Phase Modulation – IJECS
          Find this freeware paper ,very easy to implement setup and with proper explanation on xpm measurement

Saja Al Mamoori
          Participant

Thank you very much, appreciated.

Ashu verma
          Participant

Thank you Saja al massori
          Let me know if you will further need any content regarding this topis because this is mine topic too for research work and i have good hold over this.I can help you with whatever knowledge i have and learnt from this forum.So if you have any new idea and doubt share with all the forum participants.Best of luck for the future study and research work

Saja Al Mamoori
          Participant

Thank you Samsung I was reading this paper, I have some questions. it says that the nonlinear interaction responsible for the intensity distortion occurs only in the first walk off length of the fiber, with edge duration (usually approximately 25% of the bit period). can you please explain to me the edge duration?

Thanks,

alistu
          Participant

Hi Saja,

I read the paper and I believe the edge duration is like the cyclic prefix, a part of the signal added to it at the beginning or at the end of it so as to help overcome channel distortion. When the bit duration gets longer due to dispersion, for example, cyclic prefix helps avoiding ISI. I am not sure whether this is the same as CP or not, though.

Ashu verma
          Participant

Hi saja
          For edge duration visit this link for better understanding
          Pulse Parameter Definitions – Keysight – I am browsing [Pulse Parameter Definitions – Keysight]. Have a look at it! https://www.google.co.in/url?q=http://www.keysight.com/upload/cmc_upload/All/E206DVT_PARAMETER.pdf&sa=U&ved=0CAsQFjAAahUKEwiq95fRsvvGAhUFBI4KHcK_CQw&usg=AFQjCNFJmlr2Po-8uSxzzW7aagoNZERpEw

Alessandro Festa
          Participant

XPM should be automatically on once you activate SPM.

Ravil
      Participant

Hello Saja,

I am joining to Sam Sung’s and Taiwo’s comments about the details of your project and its attachment. From myself, since you have opened this topic in OptiFiber forum, I would like to make sure what software you are planning to use? Did you try to consider using OptiSystem for your problem? I would do that first…

Saja Al Mamoori
        Participant

Hello Ravil,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I am using OptiSystem.

Ashu verma
      Participant

As same topic we are discussing on another forum so it would better to discuss particular topic on one discussion.Ravil i think saja mistakenly started this topic on optifiber.

Ravil
      Participant

Thank you for your confirmation Sam Sung, got your point! I just wanted to check and direct Saja to OptiSystem, but I saw his topic in the other forum.

Ashu verma
      Participant

Welcome Ravil 🙂

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.