Home Forums SYSTEM FWM

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ifrah Amin

What can be the possible reason of increase in Q factor even though there is significant increase in the fiber non linearities causing FWM at low as well as high powers,in both presence and absence of EDFA.
      How to quantify the performance of FWM in the optical transmission system because as non-linearities increase or as input power is also increasing , the FWM components are clearly getting enhanced and are clearly visible in the spectrum along with the original channels.However, Q is not deteriorating, but improving.

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Ifrah,
      The FWM nonlinear effect occurs once it meets the necessary conditions of frequency and phase matching. Its effect increases when the propagating wavelengths are close to the zero dispersion wavelength and when the spacing between two neighboring wavelengths is very small. You need to be careful to the different nonlinear effects that could present in the fiber at the same time like SPM, XPF, etc…
      You need to make sure that there is no interference to your carrying data wavelength from the other neighboring wavelength to get good quality Q-factor.
      I hope this information is helpful. If you need to discuss further, please don’t hesitate to email me at ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Ifrah,
      The FWM nonlinear effect occurs once it meets the necessary conditions of frequency and phase matching. Its effect increases when the propagating wavelengths are close to the zero dispersion wavelength and when the spacing between two neighboring wavelengths is very small. You need to be careful to the different nonlinear effects that could present in the fiber at the same time like SPM, XPF, etc…
      You need to make sure that there is no interference to your carrying data wavelength from the other neighboring wavelength to get good quality Q-factor.
      I hope this information is helpful. If you need to discuss further, please don’t hesitate to email me at ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.