Home Forums GENERAL FSO Lens

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jacob Paul Rook
      Participant

Hello Optiwave,

I was wondering if there was a way to model a lens in an FSO simulation. I have not been able to find a component that fits the description of a lens. I thought about using an optical amplifier or just increasing the receiver aperture diameter in the FSO Channel component, but I do not believe that would simulate all of the properties of a lens. I have not done too much research on what I need to try to model for a lens, but I figured I would ask you before I tried to model a lens myself, just in case there is already a model out there.

If you know of any ways of modeling a lens in an FSO simulation, I would greatly appreciate if you would be able to share it with me so I can model the system that I am working on.

Thank you,

Jacob Rook
      Student at The University of West Flordia
      jpr28@students.uwf.edu

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Jacob,
      The “Free Space Optics” directory in OptiSystem 16.1 has one component called “LOS Channel”. It is used to be called “Diffuse Channel” in older versions. The LOS channel is the proper name. This component has a lens model build in it, where users can enter “Optical concentrator factor” to setup the gain of the lens and set up the lens index of refractive. You could check the component’s datasheet for more information. You can access it by clicking the help button in the component properties window.
      Regard,
      Ahmad

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.