Home Forums GENERAL FSO as a water channel

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I tried to use the FSO channel as a water channel for 1.5 m but it didn’t work as the problem of amplification still there as I must enter at least 40 m range.

so can I use LOS channel as a water channel and if so can you you provide me the proper water channel parameters?

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Ahmed,
      As discussed in separate posts, the FSO component needs to properly set to avoid getting wrong (amplified) signal at the output of the component. The theory of the component is well described in the datasheet.
      The LOS Channel component has limited range operation and has limited parameters to control. The model used in this component can be accessed in the datasheet as well. I am not sure if the component would work for short distances under water. You need to experimental verify that.
      Regards,

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Ahmed,
      As discussed in separate posts, the FSO component needs to properly set to avoid getting wrong (amplified) signal at the output of the component. The theory of the component is well described in the datasheet.
      The LOS Channel component has limited range operation and has limited parameters to control. The model used in this component can be accessed in the datasheet as well. I am not sure if the component would work for short distances under water. You need to experimental verify that.
      Regards,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.