Home Forums FDTD Free software FTDT 32-bit

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Minh Ng
      Participant

Dear friends,
      As you know, Optiwave launched OptiFTDT-32bit free version for customers. I downloaded and installed one, but after more than a month, now I cannot run this software. When I run, it inform that “unable to establish communication with the application server” . Are there anyone in the same situation with me, Please help me how to fix it. Can we fix it or should we by a new key form OPtiwave?
      Thank in advanced.

Mr. Minh Ng

Bryan Tipper
      Participant

The 32-bit version located here (https://optiwave.com/resources/academia/free-fdtd-download/) is perpetual. Perhaps your computer had a previous installation of OptiFDTD that caused a licensing conflict?

I just checked my personal copy and there didn’t appear to be any issues.

Bryan

Dana Seyringer
      Participant

I have the same problem with WDM-PHasar tool, also freeware from Optiwave. Sometimes it works, mostly not. We have tried all, different computers, different versions. I also bought a months license for OptiBPM since WDM-Phasar was a part of it. Unfortunatelly, WDM-Phasar is not included in OptiBPM any more, so it did not help at all. I gave up.

Bryan Tipper
        Participant

Hopefully these are isolated incidents, as we have had over 2000 downloads of each product and no reported issues until now 🙁

Dana Seyringer
      Participant

Bryan, I am sure you are right. It is only pitty that I am the 2001st downloader, and the Phasar does not work on any of our computers :-).

Minh Ng
      Participant

Thank so much Bryan, I have checked it again. It worked

All the best,

Bryan Tipper
        Participant

That’s great! Enjoy your free license.
        Bryan

Steve Dods
      Participant

Dana, We know you had WDM_Phasar from an earlier version of OptiBPM. Are you trying to run that by just copying the old WDM_Phasar directory to another computer? That won’t work. I have tried going to our website, downloading WDM_Phasar, and installing it. It runs all my projects and computers so far. We have not reproduced your problem here at Optiwave yet.

Dana Seyringer
      Participant

I have tried both, first I have downloaded the free ware version from your homepage and instaled it on the computer where we do not have any OptiBPM and Phasar license. Already the first simulation did not work. The tool started calculation but after a few itterations brought the message that there is no license or license server connection. I do not remember exactly, however I sent you copy of this mesage a few weeks ago. I thought it is a problem of our computer and therefore as a next step I instaled the same version on another different computers with the same result. Only one of the used computers was able to finish the AWG simulation (already twice). But after it brought again the same message.

I also tried to copy the working Phasar directory to another computer but you are right it does not work.

Steve, I believe that the tool works on your computers and I am also sure the problem why it does not work on our computers is probably wrong computer configuration or something like that, but the truth is we can not use this free ware version of Phasar and I am so happy that we have one licensed OptiBPM version (including Phasar). I like this tool because I produces “real” results and is easy to use.

Will you be at ECOC in Cannes? If yes, I can bring my laptop with the Phasar free ware version and we can check it. Would it be an option for you?

Bryan Tipper
      Participant

Attending ECOC will be myself and our President Jan Jakubczyk.

I can definitely take a look at the problem during the show and teleconference with Steve & our IT team to determine the issue.

Dana Seyringer
      Participant

That would be great 🙂 I do not know if I will attend the conference but for sure I will attend the exhibition.

Bryan Tipper
      Participant

Sounds good! We’ll see you there.

mohammed mostafa
      Participant

thanks bryan

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.