Home Forums GENERAL Forum for engineers or all other professionals as well

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • Author

Hello everyone

I don’t how logical would this sound but I wanted to know that is this forum meant for people who are students of engineering only or some technical people only, or can some other professionals also take advantage of this forum by posting their topics in general category as well. This may sound nonsense to some of the members but its just a confusion that i wanted to clearify. Apologies in advance.

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi burhan mina llah,

i think when we post a probem in the optiwave forum, there is provision for selecting the question type
      KNOWLEDGE
      Contains a detailed Q&A knowledge base.
      GENERAL
      All non-technical questions.
      SYSTEM
      Optical system design and analysis.
      SPICE
      Opto-electronic circuit design.
      FDTD
      Finite-Difference Time-Domain simulation.
      BPM
      Beam Propagation Method analysis and design.
      GRATING
      Fiber optic grating simulation.
      FIBER
      Optical fiber design and characterization.

i think in knowledge and in genneral category ,any non technical persion can ask question for the information perposes and rest of options can be used in case of the user having query related to the software ..and its working..

with regards

Atul Sharma
        Participant

this is what i meant. Thanks asif

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Burhan,

It is claearly visble at the time of asking a question,to which category the question belongs to…. You have a choice of selecting from the following category…
      GENERAL,All non-technical questions,SYSTEM,Optical system design and analysis,SPICE,Opto-electronic circuit design to name a few…
      I hope you got your answer..

Regards
      Sahil Singh

Atul Sharma
      Participant

Hello Burhan. Greetings from my side.

I think this forum is meant for both technical as well as technical questions. We have lot of options available while posting queries.

Regards
      Atul Sharma

Atul Sharma
      Participant

sorry read it as *technical as well as non-technical

umer syed
      Participant

hi burhan,

i agree will all comments of the other members on this, forums are made to share information…but we have to make sure that we follow the proper procedure of questioning and answers in the forum
      with regard
      umar

Ankita Sharma
      Participant

Hi all,

There is no point debating such topic on the forum… I too agree with all the other members on the forum that this forum is meant for technical as well as non technical questions…
      Thanks and regards
      Ankita Sharma

umer syed
      Participant

hi atul sharma
      you could also edit your comment if you went wrong in writing that…
      regards
      umar

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Thanks Umer Syed for that kind information but it seems too hectic logically to do that. In order words you can call it Laziness. Anyways Thanks.

Regards
        Atul Sharma

ZULKARNAIN
      Participant

hi burhan mina llah and greetings for all..
      well i think you can ask any question on this forum related to the categories which are given on the forum like general,Knowledge etc. irrespective of the profession whether you are engineers or some other profession. But i think the questions should be related to this field only as i don’t think that a biotechnology student would need any information related to optiwave.
      with regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi all,

i think there no point of further discussion on such query…there are alot many other technical and concept queries on the forum…i suggest every one inspite of giving valuable time here…put such efforts on the other post so that all of us will get benefitted..

with regsrd

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi asif bashir,

I too agree with your view here that no point wasting your time on this discusiion…

Regards
      Sahil Singh

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      I think optiwave forum is restricted to engineering department professionals aw well as to some professionals related to optics or light of physics departments.
      As in general we should not post the stuffs which is not related to optics/ optical fiber / otical fiber communication.
      I think that any professional either professors , Ph d. scholars could involve in the discussions at forum, But could not post the stuffs which has no relations to optics.
      although We have lots of things to share under General category related to latest research or inventions in the above fields.

Seeking for your response.

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hello Ranjeet. Greetings.
        Optics is used in every field now be it engineering science or medical field. You would find machines that have optical background so i believe it is open to all .

With regards
        \Atul Sharma

Hi all

Thanks for your respective responses. But i believe only ranjeet got to know my query .. I was asking about the professionals as i have mentioned it above that only engineers or even others like doctors or some other subject following personals can also post on this link. Thats why I aforementioned that it might sound nonsense to some of the members but it was just a query or confusion in my mind.. Rest i myself believe that this forum is specifically meants for ppl dealing with optics ..

Regards

Burhan

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hello Burhan. Greetins from my side.

I thought you were talking of general participants but good to know what actually you looked for. I hope now the confusion and doubts are clear regarding this thing.

Regards
        Atul Sharma

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Thank you burhan ma’m for your consent and agreement to my points.
      I am totally sure and also stress that this forum should be for professional related to optics only.
      Either they are professors, developers, technicians, students or others.

Ubaid Bhat
      Participant

hi all,
      i also think that we should try to discuss related to technical issues and make this forum more helpful so that everyone on this gets benefited.
      with regards
      ubaid bhat

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hello Ubaid Bhat. Greetings from my side.
        I think it is alright if there are some non technical issues discussed on the forum as well. When you start a new thread there are many options lying there. Its you who chooses the category you query suits in.

With Regards
        Atul Sharma

Hello ranjeet

You are most welcome.. I indeed agree with your point of view and also believe that this forum allows only engineering and technical professionals only.. As that makes sence in OPTIWAVE..

Regards

Burhan

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Hi Burhan num mina llah..

Well, the query is valid. But i believe this forum is designed for people related directly/indirectly to optics/photonics . But i don’t think there should be any stringence as to who should be able to use it. As long as something totally irrelevant is posted, everything should be accepted here.

Regards
      Naazira.

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hello Naazira. Greetings from my side.

I completely agree with you. I am of the same opinion that there should be any stringency as to who should be able to use it as long as something he/she posts something which is totally irrelevant.
        With regards
        Atul Sharma

Hi Naazira badar

Thanks a lot for your valuable response.. U have addressed the issue very well.. That’s really worth appreciation that we cannot stop anyone from accessing the forum unless something irrelevant is asked for..

Regards

Burhan

Naazira Badar
        Participant

Due to some technical hitch, I am not able to edit my comment. please read ..as long as something irrelevant is NOT posted.. in reply#35452.

regards,
        Naazira Badar

Atul Sharma
          Participant

hello Naazira. Greetings from my side.

I guess everybody would have read it that way only. It was understandable. Anyways thank you for anticipation. your comments are welcomed.

With Regards
          Atul Sharma

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Naazira..

I completely agree with your point of view… I just want to repost your comment for Burhan

Well, the query is valid. But i believe this forum is designed for people related directly/indirectly to optics/photonics . But i don’t think there should be any stringence as to who should be able to use it. As long as something totally irrelevant is posted, everything should be accepted here.

And Burhan, i also request you to contact optiwave people regarding who is allowed to comment on the forum.. Such discussions should not be encouraged on the forum… Hope you understand

Regards
      Sahil Singh.

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Yes sahil singh you are right. We all agree with that but it is a forum. Anyone can ask anything but if wee see hardly there would be some post where it seems this post is irrelevant. People post here what they face problem with. Why would some VLSI or EMT student come here and post irrelevant. I am of the opinion that only people with optical background post here. You agree?

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Atul Sharma,

Yes Atul Sharma i agree with you.. I have been using optiwave since quie a time now and i hardly find anything which is irrelevant.. May be once or twice there is something which i feel is not relevant but that is very very rare… And you mentioned it correctly why would VLSI student post here…

Regards
      Sahil Singh

Ubaid Bhat
      Participant

hi everyone…
      well i agree with your view point that the the post should be relevant to the optical field and i think only those people can ask relevant questions who are familiar with optiwave. Such discussions should not be encouraged on this forum as people who are irrelevant to this like EMT or VLSI will hardly come on this forum to discuss their issues.
      with regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Ubaid Bhat,

First of all welcome on the forum and yes you are very right in mentioning EMT people will hardly come on this forum..

Regards
      Sahil Singh

hello hello everyone

All of the above members of the forum misunderstood my query.. please make a note that when i say engineering or technical it includes all branches or fields of engineering… i just wanted to ask that other professions like docs, arts students are not allowed in this forum or not.. nothing of such sort was meant by me… the query is discussed enough.. its better we close it here.. else i believe every engineering student whether vlsi or emt is most welcomed in this forum… no such restrictions.. because even people from these fields are engineers and can have interest in optics at any stage…no matter which course they are persuing..

regards

burhan

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Burhan,

Everyone is welcome on the forum who so ever feels he or she may get help or some useful information… I also believe that this topic has been enough discussed.. NO more need for further discussions…

Regards
      Sahil Singh

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Atul Sharma,
      I agree that the Optics is used in the field of engineering science and medical field.
      But it doesn’t mean that Doctors will post and participate in the forums, why they need to do so?
      Optics is used to develop medical instruments and directly use in Bio-medical engineering.
      So, professional related to Bio-medical engineering, instrumentation developments and other technicians should participate.

Hope you will agree to me.
      Seeking your response.

Remo De Suza
      Participant

Hi All. Well wishes.
      In my opinion this forum should be used by engineering students belonging to any field and more importantly the research scholars because mostly i have come across scholars using this tool for their research projects. I hope you people don’t have a problem while i say that.

Thank you and regards
      Remo

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Very well said Burhan num mina llah. . Definitely you were referring to the professions you mentioned in your above comment. Yes most of the people confused it with people not related to optics or photonics.
      Anyway , a good discussion based on professional ethics, if not from technical front.
      All the best.

Regards
      Naazira Badar.

Naazira Badar
      Participant

Thanks Atul Sharma, Sahil Singh and Burhan num mina llah for agreeing.

Regards
      Naazira Badar..

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Naazira Badar,

You are welcome and as already mentioned in previous post lets put an end to the discussion on this topic… Hope you all agree with me on this…All the best

Regards
      Sahil Singh

hi All

Sahil Singh i completely agree with you that this forum welcomes each n every technical professional of engineering field.. enjoy the information shared on the forum and help us with your views.. cheers!

Naazira thanks for appreciation..

Regards

Burhan

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Burhan,

Thanks for your reply .. Infact there is so much valuable information being shared on the forum… It surely is benefical for all of us… Anyways..All the best…

Regards
      Sahil Singh

Atul Sharma
        Participant

Hi everyone. Greetings from my side.

Well I agree with sahil singh. This forum is for discussions. Discussions are always productive and constructive. Thank you everyone for participating and replying.

With regards
        Atul Sharma

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Atul Sharma,

You are welcome anytime… Thanks for agreeing with my view point once again and no doubt that discussions are indeed welcome… All the best

Regards
      Sahil Singh

Manoj Kumar
      Participant

Hi Everyone,
      I think optiwave forum is restricted to engineering department professionals aw well as to some professionals related to optics or light of physics departments.
      As in general we should not post the stuffs which is not related to optics/ optical fiber / otical fiber communication.
      I think that any professional either professors , Ph d. scholars could involve in the discussions at forum, But could not post the stuffs which has no relations to optics.
      although We have lots of things to share under General category related to latest research or inventions in the above fields

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.