Home Forums FIBER Finding the transmission delay

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Motaz Ayiad
      Participant

Hello,

I am trying to send 16 bits through a fiber optic link, and I want to find the delay from the transmitter to the receiver. I was using Binary and Signal visualizers but it seems that they don’t show the time axis based on the t0 of the simulation but from t of the received data.

Thank you

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Motaz,
      you may use the Dual Port Optical Time Domain Visualizer or Dual port Oscilloscope Visualizer to view the signal at the input and output of the link depending if it optical or electrical. Please note that you switch the display from bits to sec in the Unit field in the Visualizer.
      Which version of OptiSystem are you using?

Regards,
      Ahmad

Motaz Ayiad
        Participant

Dear Ahmad,

Thank you for your reply. I have done exactly as you said. However, the delay between the receiver and transmitter is not realistic. (attached)

Regards,
        Motaz

Attachments:
      Ahmad Atieh

Dear Motaz,
      The issue is related to the synchronization between the pulses at the input of the fiber and the output, which is not available in this visualizer. You can only find the delay if the two signals are synchronized.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Motaz Ayiad
      Participant

Dear Ahmad,

Thank you, and how it is possible to synchronize the signal in Optisystem?

Regards,
      Motaz

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Motaz,
      Unfortunately, due to the calculation of the fiber in the frequency domain, the timing information is lost. We are trying to find you a solution.
      Could you please communicate with me using ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com?
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.