Home Forums SYSTEM Finding BER

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      muhammad saqlain
      Participant

Dear All,I am working to design a 60GHz mm-wave system(with targated specifications) ,although i got the good RF spectrum that clearly shows the 60GHz spike.Other parameters are: input data=7Gb/s and fiber length = 40 km.input optical power feeds to PD is (12-13dBm) that is quite reasonable.But i am unable to find the BER value.May be some setting problem in the global parameters or any other. Looking for Valuable suggestions specially dear Mohamed A.A Abouseif.
      Find the file attached.

Dear Saqlain,
      thanks for trusting me to suggest valuable ideas.

To understand your problem, what do you mean you are not able to find BER value?? do you mean the program does not give it or the program gives wrong value!!

thanks
      Mohamed Abouseif

muhammad saqlain
      Participant

Thank you for the reply.sometime i get the worse BER value =<10-2 and this value changes with every run(slightly), i mean BER is not stable and unable to get a reasonable BER value.Please attached herewith the block diagram for more understanding.I look forward to your valuable suggestion.

Attachments:

Dear Muhammad,
      Slight Fluctuations in BER is expected as you have to remember if you use a Random generator, or include noise (which is random also)
      so you can get some results and average them, as a solution!!

Hope that helps,
      Mohamed Abouseif

muhammad saqlain
      Participant

Thank you so much for your expert opinion and every time i learn more technical things from you.Yeah it is logical if we use random generator.

Thanks Muhammad,
      best of luck in your research

Mohamed Abouseif

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.