Home Forums GENERAL FILTER

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Aabid Baba
      Participant

could using a filter in sweep mode filter out required wavelengths??
      suggestions would be appreciated!

alistu
      Participant

Hi Aabid,

You can certainly put the bandwidth on sweep mode and see for which bandwidths the better results, in terms of BER for example, are obtained. This could be helpful in optimizing the bandwidth with regard to performance. By most of the time the spectrum can tell about the bandwidth of the signal.

Regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Thank you alistu.
      could you please tell me what bandwidth do i keep..or just that i need to keep it as it is???
      check the attachment below

Attachments:
        alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome Aabid. I cannot have access to the design to determine the required bandwidth, but if you wish to use sweep mode, first you have got to think of a sensible bandwidth according to your bit rate and design, and then change “Normal” to “Sweep” and set some values before and after that sensible value that you determined.

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Thank you Alistu.
      I was talking about this particular window of which i attached the photo. You are right, we can set the bit rate and bandwidth as per our requirement.
      I had a confusion regarding this particular window only.
      Regards

alistu
        Participant

Can you please explain a bit more about what you meant by “what bandwidth do I keep” so that I would be able to help better? In script mode, a range for the bandwidth should be considered instead of a certain bandwidth. I merely suggested the central bandwidth to that bandwidth interval would better be chosen according to the bit rate.

Regards

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.