Home Forums SYSTEM Fiber Ring / SLM

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

(Awaiting moderation)

(Awaiting moderation)

Hello!

I’m trying to simulate a single longitudinal mode operation using compound ring cavity laser based on cascaded fiber rings (compler + fiber) but the spectrum is not the expected. Firstly, I tried to build just a simple loop with amplifier + fiber + ring controller but it doesn’t work.
      Do you know if it’s possible to simulate these behaviors in Optisystem? If positive, there’s any example?
      Thanks for your attention!

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Samuel,
      you need to make sure that you set the Iterations parameter in the Signals tab of the Layout Parameters window to 25 or higher number to allow light to circulate inside the cavity to produce the laser. Please check the examples in OptiSystem Example library located at the following link for more information.
      C:UsersUSER NAMEDocumentsOptiSystem 19.0 SamplesOptical amplifiersFiber lasers and amplifiers

regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Samuel,
      you need to make sure that you set the Iterations parameter in the Signals tab of the Layout Parameters window to 25 or higher number to allow light to circulate inside the cavity to produce the laser. Please check the examples in OptiSystem Example library located at the following link for more information.
      C:UsersUSER NAMEDocumentsOptiSystem 19.0 SamplesOptical amplifiersFiber lasers and amplifiers

regards,
      Ahmad

Merry Ahrens

Hi Ahmad,

Thanks for your answer! I saw the exemples in OptiSystem library but I was trying to simulate the longitudinal modes as function of cavity (or fiber ring) size. Is it possible or is the best approach to use filter like the “Ring Laser” exemple?

Best regards,
      Samuel.

Merry Ahrens

Hi Ahmad,

Thanks for your answer! I saw the exemples in OptiSystem library but I was trying to simulate the longitudinal modes as function of cavity (or fiber ring) size. Is it possible or is the best approach to use filter like the “Ring Laser” exemple?

Best regards,
      Samuel.

Ahmad Atieh

Hello Samuel,
      could you please email me at ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com to discuss further? I need to know the version of OptiSystem that you are using and your university name.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Hello Samuel,
      could you please email me at ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com to discuss further? I need to know the version of OptiSystem that you are using and your university name.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.