Home Forums SYSTEM Fiber optical parametric amplifier

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Leeba Babu
      Participant

can we design WDM signal amplification using fiber optical parametric amplifier in Optisystem..can anyone help me,pls??

alistu
      Participant

Hi Leeba,

Can you please tell me to which component you are referring to by saying “parametric amplifier” and also which OptiSystem version you are using? Thank you. But generally, you can make the in-line amplification, boosting of pre-amplification in WDM systems like other systems.

Regards

Leeba Babu
      Participant

Hi alistu,
      Thnks for replying.Am using optisystem 13. Parametric amplifier is an amplifier based on non linear effect ..no specific component. It uses highly non linear fiber along with pump and signal lasers..i have attached my paper.

alistu
        Participant

Thank you for your explanation. I think you can design your system in Optisystem. Please take a look at the Optisystem osd sample file “Parametric Amplifiers” in which such an amplifier has been implemented with the explanations and the reference mentioned in the layout.

Regards

Leeba Babu
      Participant

Thank you Alistu. Let me check whether I can simulate using the available components.

Leeba Babu
      Participant

I want to align the polarisation states of the three channels with polarization controllers (PCs) to the same state of polarization.
      How can it be done using polarisation controller as shown in the attachment. Pls sumone help me with this.

alistu
        Participant

I haven’t gone through the whole paper, but there is the same component in the Optisystem. In the OptiSystem polarization controller component, the azimuth and ellipticity parameters define the polarization state of the output signal. So for the same polarization state, apparently you would have to use the same azimuth and ellipticity parameter values for all.

Leeba Babu
      Participant

This is the attachmnt.

Leeba Babu
      Participant

Thank you for your help, Alistu.

alistu
        Participant

You’re welcome, Leeba.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.