Home Forums SYSTEM FIBER LASER

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Ebraheem
      Participant

Hello,

I am using a sample of Optiwave “Yb Doped Fiber Laser”.
      Attached is a screenshot.

My question is:
      There is a pumping source (970nm and 2W) that directs the light through a “Reflector Bidirectional” into the “Yb Doped Fiber”.
      I tried to display the output wavelength after laser light exiting the second “Reflector Bidirectional” and I can just display the noise spectrum (green color).
      Why is the output wavelength (blue color) unchanged?
      The output wavelength is the same that is pumped in, why cannot I visualize the output of the laser spectrum? I think it is not realistic that the same wavelength pumped in is the same that comes out, since there must be an interaction with the yb doped fiber….

Best regards,
      Ebraheem

Hi Ebraheem,
      As I see you display the all signals Sampled, parameterized, and the noise.
      pump source is usually represented by parametrized signal blue one. the output of the pump might mean the length of the Yb fiber is not enough to absorb the total pump. try to decrease the pump power or increase the Yb fiber length to minimize the pump laser at the output.

Hope that helps,
      thanks
      Mohamed

Ebraheem
      Participant

Hello Mohamed,

thank you for you response.

My concern is:

I need the output of my pump source to be a spectrum with different wavelength.
      Attached you find an example of how I want my output to look like. It should look like a spectrum.

The result of my aforementioned attachment shows that the output wavelength is the same that is pumped in.

Thank you,
      Ebraheem

Hi Ebraheem,
      let me discuss two points with you:
      first point:
      the output of the Yb fiber is the green spectrum which centers around 1 um. the blue spectrum is the residual of the pump not the output of the Yb.
      So you can either decrease the pump level or increase the Yb fiber length to decrease the residual pump spectrum from the Yb other side.
      but the frequency conversion happened in the Yb fiber is represented by the output green spectrum.

Second point:
      you want the output spectrum to be centered around 520 nm. you can NOT get this spectrum directly from Yb-doped fiber laser ONLY. I think after the Yb doped fiber laser you need a second harmonic generator (SHG) to double the frequency (half the wavelength).
      So please check your resources for this required output. so you might need to do SHG or another nonlinear process to double the output frequency.

Hope my answer clarifies your issues.

Regards,
      Mohamed Abouseif

Ebraheem
      Participant

Hi Mohamed,

the spectrum was just an example.
      Thank you a lot. Your answer of your first point helped me a lot.

By the way, Optisystem provides the cross section file of the ytterbium doped fiber beginning from about 850nm to 1200nm. What I need is a cross section file (absorption and emission spectra) before 850nm in the range between 400nm and 800nm. Is it possible to receive this cross section file?

Please answer me as soon as possible.

Best regards,
      Ebraheem

Ebraheem
      Participant

Hi Mohamed,

the spectrum was just an example.
      Thank you a lot. Your answer of your first point helped me a lot.

By the way, Optisystem provides the cross section file of the ytterbium doped fiber beginning from about 850nm to 1200nm. What I need is a cross section file (absorption and emission spectra) before 850nm in the range between 400nm and 800nm. Is it possible to receive this cross section file?

Please answer me as soon as possible.

Best regards,
      Ebraheem

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.