Home Forums FIBER fiber cable splice loss

fiber cable splice loss

(joined August 2018)
Participant

hello
my master thesis subject is about fiber optic cable loss and i want know that is any symbol in optisystem app which show fiber optic cable splice or splice loss? because i want modeling one fiber optic system from signal sender to signal receiver which every components such as signal modulator, signal converter, cable, cable splice point, cable connectors and …. . Is these components in optisystem simulation?
best regards

Responses (1):

Pouria Pishgam
    Participant

hello
    my master thesis subject is about fiber optic cable loss and i want know that is any symbol in optisystem app which show fiber optic cable splice or splice loss? because i want modeling one fiber optic system from signal sender to signal receiver which every components such as signal modulator, signal converter, cable, cable splice point, cable connectors and …. . Is these components in optisystem simulation?
    best regards

Hello Pouria,
    sure all these components are there in OptiSystem. if you do not care about nonlinearity and dispersion in the fiber, you can use a fiber component called “Lossy Fiber” and build your system to calculate the power budget.
    let us know if you have any concern.

thanks
    Mohamed

Login You must be logged in to reply to this topic.