Home Forums GRATING Fiber Bragg Grating

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Aabid Baba
      Participant

As far as the application of fiber bragg grating in my research project is concerned, i am using it more than a filter ( think of something which detects a fault and removes the signal with fault). I want to ask that is there any window using Matlab-Optisystem inertface that can lead me to create something like Adaptive fiber bragg grating..?
      I would appreciate your responses.
      Best Regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi aabid,

in my consideration you are trying to adaptive filter i.e fiber bragg grating so that it could reflect different wavelengths at different scernarios.
      for example, if you are using four wavlengths, you want to replect one of them depending on some situation.

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

i think there might not be such an option, but as far as practical application is concerned fiber bragg grating can be made adaptive using some external conditions like presure , temperature.
      i am not sure.
      may be we could use acoutic modulator for adaptibility,i have seen this thing a long ago on some paper.

with reagrds

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello asif,
      you completely misunderstood what i am trying to say. You may think of adaptive fiber bragg grationg as a robot performing specific functions on certain set commands. Say for example , i sees some interference in some signal and it automatically removes that signal. Just think of an programmable fiber bragg grating.
      Hope you got my point.

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi aabid
      i got you aabid, this is i was trying to say. hope my explanation was not of that you could understand. but there is not adaptive fiber fragg grating.

i am also working on gratings.and i find one three components of fBG in optisystem:

1. uniform FBG
      2. chirped FBG
      3. ideal dispersion compensator.
      with regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Asif,
      If you understand Adaptive it in itself means flexible. I wanted to know if i could create sort of adaptive fiber bragg grating using MATLAB.
      I want fiber bragg grating to be intelligent of some sort. I would like to know if i can make it adaptive..Suggestions??

regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hello aabid,

i think you can design the fiber bragg grating of any type(uniform, chirped with any apodization) using matlab. but real chellange will the extra code you have to implement for making you FBG adaptive for certain situation.

you can get matla b files for FBG easily.(on mathworks web site)

with regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Thanks asif for your reply.
      I want to make it more adaptive and intelligent be it any type. You said i can get a MATLAB code for fiber bragg grating , if so then please can you post link or something where i can find it. I would be grateful to you .

Regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi aabid,

as i mentioned you that you would have got matlab file in mathworks web site. still for your convenience here is the link,

http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/45809-fiber-grating-solver

note please these are basic grating , you have to your self some how adapt them.

with regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hi Asif,
      Thanks for your efforts

regards

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

your are welcome aabid

ARVIND DAUTANIYA
      Participant

please tell me how to make fbg sensor for temp.or strain.
      and how to upload fbg.txt file in grating (optisystem).

NGUYEN KHAC BINH
      Participant

how to connect between Optical Grating and Optisystem.
      I exported file (FBG.txt) from Optigrating, but I can not import it into optisystem, please help me, thanks so much !

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.