Home Forums SYSTEM few mode edfa

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      vignes
      Participant

dear friend,

i am designing few mode amplifier, i need to design a ring doped profile on multimode edfa component, how we could make that. i have attached that paper and its corresponding layout is attached in that following link,

https://optiwave.com/forums/topic/fm-edfa/

Damian Marek
      Participant

Hi Vignes,

OptiSystem does not yet have the capability to do that sort of multimode multiplexing. Currently the doped fiber will expect a signal without any spatial information and inside component the spatial profile will be applied, however this means you cannot transmit different modes with different time domain signals. The time domain signal travels together over multiple modes.

The paper that you attached, where they have a doped profile as a function of radius, can be simulated, but unfortunately the different spatial channels cannot. This area in Multimode Multiplexing and amplification will undergo a large update over the next year, since it is a popular subject!

Regards

vignes
      Participant

dear damian,

i designed only for mode amplification ,eventhough i got desired but it does not be amplified and also BER output couldnt get,,i attached that model

Attachments:
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.