Home Forums GRATING FBG Strain Characterisitics

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hi,

My name is Mohanachandran, and I’m a student at RGU. Currently, I’m working on my dissertation, which focuses on designing an optical sensing system for oil and gas applications. I recently started using OptiGrating software to simulate fiber Bragg gratings (FBGs) and have obtained results for their transmittivity and reflectivity. However, I’m having trouble plotting the strain characteristics of the FBGs in OptiGrating. I’ve tried inputting the strain parameters, but I can’t seem to find the option to plot the graph for strain vs. wavelength. Could you please send me instructions on how to plot the wavelength shift against applied strain and temperature? Thank you!

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Mohanachandran,
      You may use OptiGrating to design your grating, then load the emission and transmission spectra to OptiSystem to conduct transmission simulation using
      OptiGrating component located at Default/Optiwave Software Tools/
      You may use the FBG Sensor component or Uniform FBG Sensor components located at Default/Sensors/ to design your FBG and use the strain effect and simulation the shift versus strain.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Mohanachandran,
      You may use OptiGrating to design your grating, then load the emission and transmission spectra to OptiSystem to conduct transmission simulation using
      OptiGrating component located at Default/Optiwave Software Tools/
      You may use the FBG Sensor component or Uniform FBG Sensor components located at Default/Sensors/ to design your FBG and use the strain effect and simulation the shift versus strain.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Is there a Handbook or Instructions on how to use optigrating in optisystem ?

Is there a Handbook or Instructions on how to use optigrating in optisystem ?

Ahmad Atieh

the documentation can be found at the following locations. Also, you may access the datasheet for any component in OptiSystem by double click on the component then select Help.
      C:Program FilesOptiwave SoftwareOptiSystem 20documentation
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

the documentation can be found at the following locations. Also, you may access the datasheet for any component in OptiSystem by double click on the component then select Help.
      C:Program FilesOptiwave SoftwareOptiSystem 20documentation
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.