Home Forums GRATING FBG

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Aabid Baba
      Participant

can we use FBG as a filter and that too in sweep mode??

alistu
      Participant

Hi Aabid,

Fiber Bragg Grating parameters can definitely be used in sweep mode for sweep iteration. However, if you would like to find out about the frequencies you would like to filter for your purpose to get better results, you may sometimes use optical spectrum analyzer to save a lot of simulation time.

Regards

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello!
      Thank you Alistu. I used it in sweep mode but i am surprised to see that at the output of the fiber bragg grating , i get reflected signal along the transmitted signals. Logically , i should get only the transmitted signals but i am getting the traces of the reflected signal as well.
      the power level of those traces of the reflected signal is almost comparable to the power level of the transmitted signals. Please can you suggest how do i get only the transmitted signals. i require only the transmitted wavelengths.

alistu
        Participant

Hi Aabid,

I believe Aasif made a good point about how fiber bragg grating reflects the signal at a very specific wavelength with far more reflectivity. Of course, fiber bragg grating can be design for different reflectivity values and for different bandwidths around that sopecific “Bragg”‘s wavelength so as to say.

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

a fbg will reflect all the wavelengths, but a the wavelenth known as bragg’s wavelenth the reflected power will very high as comparable to the other wavelengths. u can the relectivity as 0.99 in parameter window of FBG to get required results

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.