Home Forums SYSTEM Facing issues in BER Analyzer and BER Test Set while using the OFDM system.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Arajit Saha
      Participant

BER ANALYZER:
      When I use a BER analyzer to determine the BER of a Dual Polarization CO-OFDM system using an OS12 OFDM Modulator and an OS12 OFDM Demodulator, It always shows 0 or 1! In between those two values, I didn’t get any value like (10e^-x). But the EYE diagram is clear.

I want to mention that I changed the BER Analyzer Properties according to the sample file. Where I changed “Ignore END bits” by the following equation “Int(Sequence length/(104+14)) * 14 + Sequence length – Int(Sequence length/(104+14)) * (104+14)”, Here, Number of Subcarriers=104; Number of Prefix Points= 14.

BER TEST SET:
      Again, for the BER Test Set for Direct Detection OFDM 4QAM sample file, when I change the bit rate (According to Sequence length) or optical length and run that simulation, it always shows 0, but when I go to the Result properties, it shows unacceptable result! When I increase the bit rate and, therefore, the Sequence length goes beyond the limit, It shows that the simulation is cancelled. But that time, it also shows BER 0.

Can anyone help me find out about this issue? I want to design a DWDM-based Dual Polarized CO-OFDM System.

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Arajit,
      could you please email me your project as zip file to ahmad.atieh@optiwave.com to check it? we recommend using the new OFDM components instead of the old OS12 OFDM components because they have limitations.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.