Home Forums GENERAL Eye Height and Threshold values

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

goo day dear all
      i want to understand how the value of eye height changed with raising the distance
      i run a simulate and try to analyze it and i found as raising distance the eye height will be raised
      for example at 60 km = eye height 0.0870776
      threshold = 0.0503243
      and when raising distance to 300 km = eye height 7.38E+06
      threshold = 5.37E+06
      Any clarification about this behavior’s ????
      the second question what does the threshold represent as i back to previous questions and couldnt find any forum answer it as required

thank you

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Maan,
      It doesn’t make sense that the eye opens when the length increases even without any means of compensation in the system. In the BER analyzer, there is a tab called eye height as shown in the attached image, which describes the eye width as calculated in the datasheet of the analyzer. The unit of the eight is a.u, which is here in volts.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Ahmad Atieh

Dear Maan,
      It doesn’t make sense that the eye opens when the length increases even without any means of compensation in the system. In the BER analyzer, there is a tab called eye height as shown in the attached image, which describes the eye width as calculated in the datasheet of the analyzer. The unit of the eight is a.u, which is here in volts.
      Regards,
      Ahmad

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.