Home Forums SYSTEM Eye diagram

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author
      jyoti raina
      Spectator

hi all…can any one please tell me how should i improve my results…my eye diagram is very haphazard…can u people tel me what should i do to get a good aye diagram…i am also attchng the picture of my eye diagram ..plz see to it and help me..
      thnking each 1 of u in advance.

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello Jyoti,
      Firstly I can’t see the screenshot you have uploaded. Kindly, upload it again as it is not visible. Secondly, i suggest you to upload the osd file so that people could check what you are basically doing wrong or what is wrong with your design that your error rate is so high due to which your eye diagram is all over the place. For now, i suggest you to decrease the data rate which i think may be too high. Also try to increase power a bit and also check other parameters like global symbol rate which should be higher than the bit rate. I hope you find it helpful.
      Regards

jyoti raina
        Spectator

oh sorry i had uploaded the pic bt i dont know why it did not get uploaded..i am attching it again plz check

HI JYOTI
      aabid is right ur snapshot of the eye diagram is not posted…plz upload it again as it is not visible..
      u must upload your osd file because it will be more convenient that way only…maybe we could rectify the errors you are making..You can work upon the suggestions provided by aabid in the above comment and see how your circuit works…and i hope your results will improve but try uploading the osd file..
      thanks and regards

jyoti raina
        Spectator

hi fayiqa mam…i am trying to upload the pic but it is showing me some error…security related concern….what should i do now..and i ll upload the osd file also..but first this file not uploading..its a problem with my internet i guess..i ll try uploading it again and i hope this time it will upload..thanx fr ur help

jyoti raina
      Spectator

it is showing me error when i try to upload it…something like u can’t upload such file for security reasons…what is the problm with this..plz tel

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello jyoti,
      No need to worry. It is just about format of the photo you are uploading. It may be other format than jpeg or png. Try converting it to jpeg or png if not so. It will get uploaded for sure. I had also faced such issues initially.
      Regards

jyoti raina
      Spectator

thanx aabid sir fr the suggestion..i ll try to do it and upload it again..i ll upload both the simulation file as well as the picture of eye diagram once this security error gets over..thnx 4 ur efforts

HI JYOTI
      try doing what aabid suggested maybe it will help you…i think he’s right that maybe the issue with uploading files atleast with the photo if not with the osd file..Try doing it and try uploading it again and i hope it will get your issue resolved.
      Thanks & regards

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hello Jyoti Raina,

I agree with aabid that it is just format of the photo you are uploading. It may be other format than jpeg or png.Try the suggestion of Aabid.. It will work for sure..

Regards

Sahil Singh

jyoti raina
      Spectator

i converted it to jpeg format n i m uploading it agn…i hope it gets uploaded this time…thanx

Attachments:
      jyoti raina
      Spectator

thanx aabid it worked..now i ll try uploading the osd file..i hope it gets uploaded too without any security errors..plz check the file if present

Attachments:

HI JYOTI
        I just checked osd file of your’s…You have basically created some sort od add/drop block and instead of using the BER analyzer you might use optical spectrum analyzer to view the waveforms of the signals on each side of the so created module…which in my opinion is the right thing to do because what i understand here is that you are adding and removing a particular frequency which can be visualized rather than measured…but u can decide because u know the applications..i hope wil be helpful.
        Thanks & regards

jyoti raina
          Spectator

hello fayiqa mam.. tahnx a lot i appreciate ur replying to my query..i think u are very right and i instead should use spectrum analyzer..i am new to this tool so i thought i hv to use BER analyzer bt u hv given me a good suggestion of using the spectrum analyzer whcih i shud use to view my optical channel..thanx agn

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi all,

Thanks aabid for your valuable suggestion… Both the osd and the jpeg files of jyoti raina have been uploaded… The efforts of aabid baba are highly appreciated..

Regards

Sahil Singh

Hi Jyoti Raina

the osd file you have uploaded is blank its not showing any design or model. i believe there is some problem. Fayiqa Naqshbandi can u please tell me what you saw in the .osd file it totally blank.
      i got the following error while trying to open your file.
      please try upload it again.

Regards

Burhan

jyoti raina
        Spectator

hi burhan….thnx fr the reply..i have already uploaded the simulation file in one of the comments and i dont know why r u not able to open it..i dont whats the problem…first problem i faced was with uploading the picture and then simulation file bt then i succeeded i dont know whats happening nw..plz u try downlodng it agn may b this time u ll be able to download it and open it…thanx agn

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Jyoti Raina

I agree with Burhan that the osd file that has been uploaded is blank…As mentioned rightly by Burhan,it says please try to upload it again.I suggest Jyoti to please check whether it is working or not…

Regards

Sahil Singh

jyoti raina
        Spectator

hi sahil singh…are u also not able to open the simulation file….?
        its quite strange…now i hv attached the file and kindly check it..i hope u wil be able to open it this time..thanx agn

Aabid Baba
      Participant

Hello everyone,
      I can’t tell if the file uploaded by jyoti does open or not as i do not have access to the tool right now. Fayiqa has been able to open it while Burhan num you are not able to access it and if i could understand from the error message it has something to do with privacy of the file. May be jyoti has locked it or something like that because in that case i guess this error should pop up.
      Regards

jyoti raina
        Spectator

hi sir…i hv not locked the simualtion file..i dont know what happening..there was error in uploading..shall i upload it once again if u people want..okay i ll attach the file again and i hope this time all will open it and help..thanx to ol

Attachments:
          Aabid Baba
          Participant

Hello jyoti,
          As i mentioned that i don’t have access to the tool currently so i cannot open your .osd file anyways. Shall try accessing it tomorrow only. I hope other members will help you and i believe what fayiqa has mentioned is the way to go if you are implementing such system. I had also worked on add/drop modules the same way as she has mentioned. i hope you find it helpful.
          Regards

jyoti raina
          Spectator

hi aabid sir n burhan sir…as i mentioned earlier that i hv not locked the file…it was security error first…i hope u all arenw able to open and access the file dat i have uploaded… plz if possible try to rectify the mistakes i might hv done..and i hv already taken suggestions frm fayiqa mam..i ll try using spectrum for result analysis rather using BER analyzer…thanx all 4 ur suggestions….

Aabid Baba
          Participant

you are welcome jyoti.

Hello Jyoti raina

Yeah i agree with aabid saying that there might be some lock issue , but since u have uploaded it again i ll take a look at it as soon as i get access to license. Sorry for the delay but you migt have to wait till tomorrow. If i found to open it and know anything about you issues i would certainly try to help.

Regards

Burhan

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Jyoti Raina,

No i was also not able to open the simulation file.. I will check it again and let you know as soon as possible.. Hope to respond to your query soon..

Regards

Sahil Singh

aasif bashir dar
      Participant

hi joyti raina,

taking about the eye diagram
      the eye diagram well to mean,
      i think there must be some kind of non linearity due high power intensity in the channel, or there must be cross phase mmodulation or any kind of interference(may be due to the attacks because of adding any other signal at the same frequency.

with regards

jyoti raina
      Spectator

hi aasif bashir…thanks fr replying..
      i managed to get good results by taking few suggestions provided in previous comments…i also decreased my power also..
      where can i see abt this cross phase modulation in optisystem…i dont know where it is and whr can i find it..plz help.
      do i hv to also disable it like random noise and othr options.
      n yes i am nt adding any signal..thanx agn

Ubaid Bhat
        Participant

hi jyoti raina….
        i agree with aasif bashir dar that there must be some kind of non linearity due high power intensity in the channel, or there must be cross phase mmodulation or any kind of interference(may be due to the attacks because of adding any other signal at the same frequency.
        with regards
        ubaid bhat

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Jyoti,
      I am unable to open the file you have uploaded namely WDM-add-drop1.osd and WDM-add-drop.osd.
      In layout both doesn’t show any components in the design.
      i have tried to open both files but both design doesn’t show any components.
      I don’t know why it is happening, i am using 30 days trial version of optisystem 14.

jyoti raina
        Spectator

hello ranjeet sir..thanx for ur efforts.
        I am using optisystem 13 and it can be the possible reason bcz i hv seen many posts where it is mentioned thr is problm in opening files from one version to another version.. i am using 13 vch version are u using urself ?
        n btw i had solved the issue i was using BER analyzer frm visualizer librery bt nw m using optical analyzer n i m checking channels which i had to do..bt its ok nw..Thanx anywz

Aabid Baba
          Participant

Jyoti i hope your problem got solved.

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Jyoti,

As mentioned by Ranjeet I wasalso unable to open the file you have uploaded… In layout both doesn’t show any components in the design.
      I am also using 30 days trial version of optisystem 14..But it is good that your problem has been solved.. Though efforts of ranjeet are highly appreciated..

Regards

Sahil Singh

jyoti raina
        Spectator

hi sahil singh..thanx fr ur kind efforts.. i hv solved that problem. thnx anyways

Lisaaaa
      Participant

Can anyone help me to improve my desgin?I want to see the results using BER analyzer . I try to connect the BER analyzer but I am not getting the good results. I am attaching my files kindly check whether they are correct or not or how to improve the design

jyoti raina
        Spectator

hello lisaaa.. i myself am beginner.
        u try to post the same by starting a new topic.. other people wil help u definitely n u will get what wht u desire for..
        i also had same issue bt suggestion frm other people here worked fr me n my results came out to be good..
        i hope u wil also get good result as u wish to..thanx anyways

Ranjeet Kumar
      Participant

Hi Jyoti,
      I am using optisystem v 14 till date.
      as far as i know it may be some error in opening osd file when we shift from different versions.
      But i am facing the problem that is of regarding displaying of nothing… no components…
      which i feels is unique.

SAHIL SINGH
      Participant

Hi Ranjeet,

Infact i am also using optisystem v 14 till date… But i have not faced any such problem regarding display of no components.. It is indeed a very unique problem… May be other members on the forum can help..

Regards
      Sahil Singh

varinder singh
      Participant

Hello jyoti,
      No need to worry. It is just about format of the photo you are uploading. It may be other format than jpeg or png.I can’t tell if the file uploaded by jyoti does open or not as i do not have access to the tool right now.
      with regards

varinder singh
      Participant

hiiiiiiiii..jyoti,
      i got ur problem……..A perfect eye diagram contains an immense amount of parametric information about a signal, like the effects deriving from physics, irrespective of how infrequently these effects occur. If a logic 1 is so distorted that the receiver at the far end can misjudge it for logic 0, you will easily discern this from an eye diagram. What you will not be able to detect, however, are logic or protocol problems, such as when a system is supposed to transmit a logic 0 but sends a logic 1, or when the logic is in conflict with a protocol.
      with regards

varinder singh
      Participant

hiiii .jyoti,
      i got ur problem………..A perfect eye diagram contains an immense amount of parametric information about a signal, like the effects deriving from physics, irrespective of how infrequently these effects occur. If a logic 1 is so distorted that the receiver at the far end can misjudge it for logic 0, you will easily discern this from an eye diagram. What you will not be able to detect, however, are logic or protocol problems, such as when a system is supposed to transmit a logic 0 but sends a logic 1, or when the logic is in conflict with a protocol.
      with regards

varinder singh
      Participant

thanks aabid for providing this information to the jyoti raina …….i appreciate your effort

thanks with regards

Rajguru M. Mohan
      Participant

Hi Jyoti,
      Different ways to improve Eye diagram. They are:

Reduce global bit rate
      reduce transmission distance– reduce length of fiber
      use dispersion compensation techniques namely pre, post and symmetrical dispersion compensation techniques.
      use appropriate filter order and increase its bandwidth
      increase laser power in dbm
      use appropriate amplifier according to band of operations.

Thanks

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.